"cheating website" Ashley Madison hacked, users outed (DO NOT POST LIST OR LINK!)

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Re: "cheating website" Ashley Madison hacked, 36 Million users to be outed

Weird, seems like I'd remember that. Either I'm old or it didn't register.

Either way, I'm half appalled and half amazed there are 36 million people using a site like this. I know people throw relationships away, but good grief.
I need to quit imposing my own standards of memory on everyone else.

That's so hard for me, though....:)

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

part of it already did and then was pulled down pretty quick. I'm guessing it will be public as the hackers will simply sell the credit card info off and forget about it
Nothing is ever "pulled down"once its up. Its out forever. I want to see the pompous politicians who may be on there.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

Nothing is ever "pulled down"once its up. Its out forever. I want to see the pompous politicians who may be on there.
I agree that is usually true, and probably is here. IIRC it was posted on GitHub as a text file, so it is probably "out there" somewhere but I haven't seen any news revealing anything specific, but I haven't looked all that hard either

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
"cheating website" Ashley Madison hacked, 36 Million users to be outed

I don't condone that website at all but it still amazes how many people will use sites like that with their real name and their personal credit card information. Use a fake name and a prepaid credit card otherwise it's like watching an episode of dumb criminals..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Back in the days when I watched Fox news (which is years ago), they were advertising on it, during the prime time shows.

Of course, it could have been a local ad. Cable companies routinely cut out the network commercials, and insert their own. A lot of times, they are clumsy, and you can catch a very brief snippet of the one they are not running.

In this case.............who do you root against: the cheaters or the hackers?
I might spare a moment of pity for the cheaters if I could quit gut laughing. That ain't happening anytime soon though.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

I might spare a moment of pity for the cheaters if I could quit gut laughing. That ain't happening anytime soon though.
and there is a third team to root against, the company themselves. Like you I am laughing at all of it and rooting against all 3

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA

In this case.............who do you root against: the cheaters or the hackers?
Tough choice. I generally hate hackers on principle. While people who deliberately seek to cheat on a spouse are pure scum.

So I hope the cheaters get exposed, the hackers get caught, and that excuse of a company implodes.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

Tough choice. I generally hate hackers on principle. While people who deliberately seek to cheat on a spouse are pure scum.

So I hope the cheaters get exposed, the hackers get caught, and that excuse of a company implodes.

don't hate all hackers. White Hat's can be great people. They've shut down ISIS accounts, got child abusers and molesters exposed, tried to make sure that those rapist football players in Ohio didn't get swept under the rug among numerous other good deeds

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

I had no idea such a website existed - I guess nothing should surprise me anymore, but I'm surprised there's so much demand. IMO, cheating on a spouse literally shows one has zero character - to read that there are 36 million users on a site like this is depressing.

Liked and thanked!

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN

Isn't that the site that offered $1,000,000 to anyone who would come forward saying they had sex with Tim Tebow? This was during his time at Denver. To my knowledge, no one collected.

There's a side of me that would like to see the list made public. And another reason I'm glad I never married.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

36 million users? i hope they all get exposed. if you are unhappy get a divorce. i hope some are multiple accounts of the same user.

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013

Was sweating bullets for a minute there. Thought the Mrs. was gonna find out about my Zingers addiction.
Turns out Ashley Madison is no relation to Dolly Madison.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

36 million users? i hope they all get exposed. if you are unhappy get a divorce. i hope some are multiple accounts of the same user.
Nope, if you are unhappy, then figure it out. Divorce is the easy way out. Pull up your big boy pants, work on your marriage and move forward.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

Was sweating bullets for a minute there. Thought the Mrs. was gonna find out about my Zingers addiction.
Turns out Ashley Madison is no relation to Dolly Madison.
There's nothing like raspberry coconut zingers. I've had an affair with Dolly for years if that's the case...fortunately, it's not all consuming and I "treat" myself on special occasions. ;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.