"cheating website" Ashley Madison hacked, users outed (DO NOT POST LIST OR LINK!)

Bamaboda1

Suspended
Sep 1, 2006
Kathleen, GA
Re: "cheating website" Ashley Madison hacked, users outed (DO NOT POST LIST OR LINK!)

I guess Bama can be #1 in pretty much anything they commit to :rolleyes:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Re: "cheating website" Ashley Madison hacked, users outed (DO NOT POST LIST OR LINK!)

Right now, they're interviewing a guy on the radio who had a another guy "borrow" his name and and address and lives in a different part of the country. BTW, has no one ever heard of "burner cards?"

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham

Right now, they're interviewing a guy on the radio who had a another guy "borrow" his name and and address and lives in a different part of the country. BTW, has no one ever heard of "burner cards?"
Or Hotmail, Gmail, etc...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

I promise he used my name and address, I swear it!!!

Btw - Josh Duggar has gone to rehab for.......something......

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I promise he used my name and address, I swear it!!!

Btw - Josh Duggar has gone to rehab for.......something......
The guy being interviewed said that they certainly would have been shocked to see him show up. The "Corcoran" who borrowed his address described himself as 5'10", 210 lb. The guy who had his addy borrowed is up over 6' and skinny. He's trying to find who it was, but he'll have no luck, nor will any of the other victims...

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

you can get cards that are like debit cards and just put money on them. They aren't tied to a bank or CC company. Think of a modern arcade where you put "credits" on it. Same principle. At some point, there is a paper trail because the money is coming from somewhere though.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

you can get cards that are like debit cards and just put money on them. They aren't tied to a bank or CC company. Think of a modern arcade where you put "credits" on it. Same principle. At some point, there is a paper trail because the money is coming from somewhere though.
Very true, if you have the resources and the will to trace it down. Most guys who got victimized are just going to be stuck with explaining to their wives that it wasn't really them. I could have set up an account with a borrowed name and physical address and a burner card in a few moments and it would be, for all practical purposes untraceable. I'm not sure why some seem to be so wedded to the idea that all the card numbers and physical/email addresses are real and Alabama is the cheatingest state. All this with a slimy site like this...

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009

Very true, if you have the resources and the will to trace it down. Most guys who got victimized are just going to be stuck with explaining to their wives that it wasn't really them. I could have set up an account with a borrowed name and physical address and a burner card in a few moments and it would be, for all practical purposes untraceable. I'm not sure why some seem to be so wedded to the idea that all the card numbers and physical/email addresses are real and Alabama is the cheatingest state. All this with a slimy site like this...
Driving home listing to NPR there was a report where a couple actually tracked down the other guy who was using the husband's email account. They used a password reset on the email account and got the information needed to figure out who it was. It was pretty funny.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

"hot women near them"
This is why I question the theory on Alabama being used so much. Unless the guy just wants a relationship of online chatting and picture sending, isn't he going to want to put the correct information to make sure he's able to find people close by?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

I'll bet the entire thing was a scam cooked up by NYBF.....

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013

Gizmodo does a pretty solid job looking to see if there are actual women on Ashley Madison, discovers what most of us suspected it's a great big virtual sausage fest http://gizmodo.com/almost-none-of-the-women-in-the-ashley-madison-database-1725558944
From what I saw, even Grindr probably has a lower male-to-female ratio.

One name was listed as "Gift Card Recipient", so at least somebody was thinking.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.