"cheating website" Ashley Madison hacked, users outed (DO NOT POST LIST OR LINK!)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Re: "cheating website" Ashley Madison hacked, users outed (DO NOT POST LIST OR LINK!)

This is why I question the theory on Alabama being used so much. Unless the guy just wants a relationship of online chatting and picture sending, isn't he going to want to put the correct information to make sure he's able to find people close by?
Your latter sentence probably explains a lot of it. The rest of it is hope in establishing a relationship and then figuring out when/how to hookup. People have been known to drive long distances in similar arrangements through smaller sites. Do you have any logical explanation for why Alabama would be #1 by far and MS 49th, with similar bible belt populations? I can't think of one which makes any sense at all...

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Re: "cheating website" Ashley Madison hacked, users outed (DO NOT POST LIST OR LINK!)

Your latter sentence probably explains a lot of it. The rest of it is hope in establishing a relationship and then figuring out when/how to hookup. People have been known to drive long distances in similar arrangements through smaller sites. Do you have any logical explanation for why Alabama would be #1 by far and MS 49th, with similar bible belt populations? I can't think of one which makes any sense at all...
An extreme outlier

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

An extreme outlier
If you mean Alabama as the leader by far, it's out too far even to be an outlier. We don't even have that many people in the state who could afford it, any more than MS does, unless all of them are from the four largest metropolitan areas...

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL

If you mean Alabama as the leader by far, it's out too far even to be an outlier. We don't even have that many people in the state who could afford it, any more than MS does, unless all of them are from the four largest metropolitan areas...
The figure I saw Alabama leading in was per capita spending. One guy in a small population can affect that greatly.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL

Not that much of a difference...
By declaring outlier, I mean that there's something abnormal about the data. I'm speculating about the big spender. It could just as easily be identity theft, or an error whose correction doesn't appear in the data.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

By declaring outlier, I mean that there's something abnormal about the data. I'm speculating about the big spender. It could just as easily be identity theft, or an error whose correction doesn't appear in the data.
Gotcha. I thought you meant that Alabama was an outlier, which would beggar imagination. It could be identity theft or big frog small pond, but, using Occam, it's just that Alabama's first in the alphabet, simplest answer of all...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Hartselle is without a mayor after Don Hall resigned today. His name was on the list. Link

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Hartselle is without a mayor after Don Hall resigned today. His name was on the list. Link
I'm sure there are many good (bad?) addresses on the list, just not more per capita than anywhere else in the country. If nothing other, simple economics would belie it. There's not as much economic difference in Alabama and Mississippi as we'd like to think...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.