"cheating website" Ashley Madison hacked, users outed (DO NOT POST LIST OR LINK!)

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
"cheating website" Ashley Madison hacked, users outed (DO NOT POST LIST OR LINK!)

Ouch, I bet there are some people sweating this hard about right now. Karma is a b.......

http://krebsonsecurity.com/2015/07/online-cheating-site-ashleymadison-hacked/

Large caches of data stolen from online cheating site AshleyMadison.com have been posted online by an individual or group that claims to have completely compromised the company’s user databases, financial records and other proprietary information. The still-unfolding leak could be quite damaging to some 37 million users of the hookup service, whose slogan is “Life is short. Have an affair.”

snip...

“Avid Life Media has been instructed to take Ashley Madison and Established Men offline permanently in all forms, or we will release all customer records, including profiles with all the customers’ secret sexual fantasies and matching credit card transactions, real names and addresses, and employee documents and emails. The other websites may stay online.”

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Re: "cheating website" Ashley Madison hacked, 36 Million users to be outed

What you are in secret you will one day shout from the housetops

(A paraphrase of Oscar Wilde)

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Luke 12:3
Yeah, but the author of Luke stole that from Oscar Wilde

Given how many ridiculous things come out of the mouths of some of historical-critical scholarship, I just had to say that.

And now back to our OP!!!!

Jon's right, though - lots of sweating going on. Reminds me of about ten years ago when a million men were co-defendants in a class action suit (I believe) against Enzyte, the enhancement cream. All I could think of was, "How do you get a million men to admit they don't measure up? Charge them $29.95?"

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I had no idea such a website existed - I guess nothing should surprise me anymore, but I'm surprised there's so much demand. IMO, cheating on a spouse literally shows one has zero character - to read that there are 36 million users on a site like this is depressing.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana

I had no idea such a website existed - I guess nothing should surprise me anymore, but I'm surprised there's so much demand. IMO, cheating on a spouse literally shows one has zero character - to read that there are 36 million users on a site like this is depressing.
***LIKE***

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

lol....some people are freaking out right about now....

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009

*likes*

That's the second post today you have said almost exactly what I was going to say before I could post it. Probably scary for you :)

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

I have to confess - and it's not that I don't believe you, I do - but this surprises me a tiny bit because there was a big hub-bub a few years back when Ashley Madison had a Super Bowl commercial.

Then again - here I am nearly single and I got asked if I'm on Tinder. I said, "What's that?" I'd never heard of it and for those who don't know, it's a "hook-up website."

Wanna know what pains me here? I was flirting with a sales lady my age who's divorced a few weeks ago and she pointed out that EVERYTHING nowadays is disposable - including marriages and relationships. It used to be you took care of what you had. Now if it breaks you run down to the corner and buy a replacement - even in relationships. Sad but true.

There are websites for EVERYTHING nowadays. It amazes me anyone gets arrested for prostitution anymore since you can get it for free on the Net - or so I hear anyway.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

Back in the days when I watched Fox news (which is years ago), they were advertising on it, during the prime time shows.

Of course, it could have been a local ad. Cable companies routinely cut out the network commercials, and insert their own. A lot of times, they are clumsy, and you can catch a very brief snippet of the one they are not running.

In this case.............who do you root against: the cheaters or the hackers?

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

I have to confess - and it's not that I don't believe you, I do - but this surprises me a tiny bit because there was a big hub-bub a few years back when Ashley Madison had a Super Bowl commercial.

Then again - here I am nearly single and I got asked if I'm on Tinder. I said, "What's that?" I'd never heard of it and for those who don't know, it's a "hook-up website."

Wanna know what pains me here? I was flirting with a sales lady my age who's divorced a few weeks ago and she pointed out that EVERYTHING nowadays is disposable - including marriages and relationships. It used to be you took care of what you had. Now if it breaks you run down to the corner and buy a replacement - even in relationships. Sad but true.

There are websites for EVERYTHING nowadays. It amazes me anyone gets arrested for prostitution anymore since you can get it for free on the Net - or so I hear anyway.
you can't turn on sports radio in Atlanta without hearing an Ashley Madison advertisement, along with ad's for divorce attorneys not ironically. I also recall the superbowl thing and them coming up in lots of media shock pieces. I am also surprised that many haven't heard of them.

I agree that we've become a disposable society, pretty sad.

and Tinder is as app, not a site but it's only a technical difference, the point stands.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

Back in the days when I watched Fox news (which is years ago), they were advertising on it, during the prime time shows.

Of course, it could have been a local ad. Cable companies routinely cut out the network commercials, and insert their own. A lot of times, they are clumsy, and you can catch a very brief snippet of the one they are not running.

In this case.............who do you root against: the cheaters or the hackers?
what's funny is that apparantly the CEO of Ashley Madison has been on TV today talking about how this was probably done by an ex employee. Shame that he can't trust people he thought committed to him isn't it?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Weird, seems like I'd remember that. Either I'm old or it didn't register.

Either way, I'm half appalled and half amazed there are 36 million people using a site like this. I know people throw relationships away, but good grief.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL

For a marriage to be solid and to survive, there has to be a lot of trust between both spouses. If you don't have trust, you don't have anything.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

To me this is sort of like a terrorist bombing a prison full of ax murderers.....

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)

Is this international? I saw the company is located in Canada. I too was amazed at 36 million; especially when my initial thought was US only. I don't think it is possible for this to be US only given that this would probably be around 15% of Americans 18-years and older. Either way...wow!

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

Is this international? I saw the company is located in Canada. I too was amazed at 36 million; especially when my initial thought was US only. I don't think it is possible for this to be US only given that this would probably be around 15% of Americans 18-years and older. Either way...wow!
yes, this is International and no I don't believe the numbers either. In fact, I typo-ed the subject, the article says 37 Million users. But web companies are known to over inflate their numbers so I would guess that its really a 1 Million or so "active" members plus a few million more that started a free profile and never used it and lot's and lot's of prostitutes. But that's just speculation from me, no experience with this site or any of the other sites or apps used for hook ups

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

yes, this is International and no I don't believe the numbers either. In fact, I typo-ed the subject, the article says 37 Million users. But web companies are known to over inflate their numbers so I would guess that its really a 1 Million or so "active" members plus a few million more that started a free profile and never used it and lot's and lot's of prostitutes. But that's just speculation from me, no experience with this site or any of the other sites or apps used for hook ups

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

So, when does the customer list go public?
part of it already did and then was pulled down pretty quick. I'm guessing it will be public as the hackers will simply sell the credit card info off and forget about it

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.