Will Calvin Ridley see much playing time at WR in 2015?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I think I read in an article that he's 20 years old so he should more mature physically and mentally. Would expect him to get a decent amount of PT this year..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Normally, a player has to be three years out of high school to enter the draft.

But normally, you're talking about an 18-year-old. 19 at the most.

Anybody out there know how the rule applies to 20-year-olds in general, or any specifics related to Ridley?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Normally, a player has to be three years out of high school to enter the draft.

But normally, you're talking about an 18-year-old. 19 at the most.

Anybody out there know how the rule applies to 20-year-olds in general, or any specifics related to Ridley?
Doesn't matter. The NFL rule states a player cannot enter the NFL until 3 years after his high school graduation.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
IMO the college player should not be eligible for the draft until he is at least 21, but since it is the NFL I really don't care.
I don't know for sure, but I think it is 21 or 3 years whichever is lower. I think the NFL feels kids need to be at least 21 to physically to hold up to the rigors of a 16 game season against superior athletes. Frankly, It would not be a bad idea for all collegiate athletes, but that will never happen..

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I don't know for sure, but I think it is 21 or 3 years whichever is lower. I think the NFL feels kids need to be at least 21 to physically to hold up to the rigors of a 16 game season against superior athletes. Frankly, It would not be a bad idea for all collegiate athletes, but that will never happen..
JMO, but I think that any school that is required to offer a 4 year scholarship should get 4 years of play from the player. I get the right to leave early if schools can end scholarships, but when they cannot, players should also be forced to live up to their commitments.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
JMO, but I think that any school that is required to offer a 4 year scholarship should get 4 years of play from the player. I get the right to leave early if schools can end scholarships, but when they cannot, players should also be forced to live up to their commitments.

"Like"

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Part of me agrees with that but another part says, if you can go ahead and make the money, you should go for it. In the working world there is no loyalty, so an employee (sports or otherwise) has to take the money while they can get it. As long as they don't use all the scholarship money before leaving, I don't think it matters.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
^^^ Yeah! What he said. ^^^

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Unless recently changed, the schol is not for four years. I think it is for one year, though it is typically renewed unless there are discipline issues. Don't think there is a 4-yr requirement.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Unless recently changed, the schol is not for four years. I think it is for one year, though it is typically renewed unless there are discipline issues. Don't think there is a 4-yr requirement.
Some schools offer 4 year scholarships. Alabama is one of those schools.

rtrbama1

1st Team
May 31, 2015
Sounds like Ridley will be too good to keep off the field. I could see a situation like Amari in 2012...where he was the #4 receiver early in the season, then moved into the starting lineup when DeAndrew White got injured.

scrodz

1st Team
Jan 29, 2008
Baltimore, MD
JMO, but while I'm sure he can make a contribution, I hope we don't need him to. That would be a lot of pressure on a kid one year out of HS, even if he's 20 physically.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Sounds like Ridley will be too good to keep off the field. I could see a situation like Amari in 2012...where he was the #4 receiver early in the season, then moved into the starting lineup when DeAndrew White got injured.
That very well may be the case this season. However, I would prefer we don't have a second WR tear his ACL this year. :wink:

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
all the news coming out about mr. ridley, indicates he is a rare receiver, and capable of playing now. if that proves true it will provide bama a really good bevy of receivers in kiffins offense, that is defendant on the qb and off line able to meet expectations. if that happens should expect a great season.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.