*** RB BJ Emmons Signs With Alabama ***

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Re: *** 2016 4* RB BJ Emmons Commits to Bama ****

As in "B.J. is the real deal" or "we're solidly in place for another top back in this class" or both?

I hoping both.
I like BJ as a prospect. He'll make it to campus. And as a class, we're okay. And our coaches do a pretty good job of coaching up the ones that make it to campus. But none of that needed to be said. We all know all of this.

I'm just saying, I wouldn't worry too tough about this class. The ones that flip, we've known for months that they will. There are at least a couple now that are currently committed to us who have no intentions whatsoever of coming here. The staff is well aware...and contingency plans are in place. RTR

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

I like BJ as a prospect. He'll make it to campus. And as a class, we're okay. And our coaches do a pretty good job of coaching up the ones that make it to campus. But none of that needed to be said. We all know all of this.

I'm just saying, I wouldn't worry too tough about this class. The ones that flip, we've known for months that they will. There are at least a couple now that are currently committed to us who have no intentions whatsoever of coming here. The staff is well aware...and contingency plans are in place. RTR
Now they're going to stroke out over worrying which ones it will be, thanks WMack.

;) Sarcasm and blue font to the max

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
Re: *** RB BJ Emmons Commits to Alabama ***

BJ scored the first TD of the Shrine Bowl game on a 15 yd run. Had several other runs for first downs as well. Can't find a game summary with stats for the game. I hope Bama is looking at Rico Dowdle an athlete from nearby AC Reynolds (near Asheville, NC)
I've seen him play for 3 years and he is dynamite! Didn't make the original roster and gets named player of the game and just received an offer from USCe.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

Now they're going to stroke out over worrying which ones it will be, thanks WMack.

With the coaching changes in the SEC alone, I expected some flipping and flopping. January is going to be interesting.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

If I had to guess it would be Raekwon Davis who has been push hard by Mississippi st. But if he didn't flip, Davis will most likely head to JUCO .

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina

I understand the game will be replayed on ESPNU starting December 29. I can tell you this...He will remind you of a Bama great...Just not quite the size.

Last edited:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

Just out of curiosity..Are the recruits staying committed this long at the request of the school & coaches they will flip to..And will try to make it look like the other school stole recruits from us at the last minute..I'd just assume they decommit & move on myself..

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina

He played for North Carolina in the Shrine Bowl -- NC vs SC. I did not watch all of it...but I did see him make a run where he used speed, agility and power. He has good size and really good quicks...

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
How strong is BJ Emmons?

I watched the Under Armor High School game on tv the other day, and got a chance to take a look at some of the guys playing in that game. I watched BJ Emmons carry the football, and noticed everytime he got hit, it took about 3-4 players every time to get him down. That kid must be really strong. anyone got any stats on this kids weight room? Did anybody else see what I'm talking about? I mean it wasn't every play he touched the ball, but a lot. That kid's gonna be a good one. And didn't he sign with us? Thoughts?:wink:

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
Re: How strong is BJ Emmons?

I saw him too, looked very impressive. I think he'll be one of the great ones

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

I was flipping back and forth to the Florida game but did see him play a bit. He was noticeably an elite player on the field with a bunch of all stars. We are getting a good one.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC

Yeah. I watched parts of it as well. He not only ran well but also blew people up on blocks. Looking forward to him if he can pick up the offense and play assignment football.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Going to move this to the recruiting board since we're still in season...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.