*** RB BJ Emmons Signs With Alabama ***

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
Re: How strong is BJ Emmons?

As stated earlier in thread, I was able to meet BJ and watch him practice at the NC/SC Shrine Bowl. Waist down he is a stud and has very powerful lower body. Not to say his upper body isn't rock solid, but not like Henry. Legit 5'11" and quick footed with a lighting burst of speed.

JustinT256

1st Team
Sep 21, 2015
Dayton, Ohio
Re: *** RB BJ Emmons Commits to Alabama ***

I hope he & Bo becomes the next great RB duo for us..Another Ingram & Richardson type "Two Headed Monster" tandem..
I would love to see that.. But, it's surprising to me how many people are sleeping on Damien Harris. The guy was the #1 running back coming out of high school for a reason. I expect Bo and Damien to be a great one-two punch next year.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina

I would love to see that.. But, it's surprising to me how many people are sleeping on Damien Harris. The guy was the #1 running back coming out of high school for a reason. I expect Bo and Damien to be a great one-two punch next year.
I have to say that DH has not impressed me at any time. He seems hesitant in knowing what cut to make...Kentucky high school football is not near Alabama for the most part. He does not have any overwhelming area -- size, speed or quickness. I would love to be wrong...but he looked overwhelmed when put in the games.

JustinT256

1st Team
Sep 21, 2015
Dayton, Ohio

I have to say that DH has not impressed me at any time. He seems hesitant in knowing what cut to make...Kentucky high school football is not near Alabama for the most part. He does not have any overwhelming area -- size, speed or quickness. I would love to be wrong...but he looked overwhelmed when put in the games.
Personally, I thought he looked like a raw true freshman who was tying to do too much. You could see glimpses of brilliance in certain spots. As far as size goes, he's 5'11 205 and his arms are huge. If you have a question about his speed - check out the MTSU game.. He ran down a cornerback who had a seemingly clear path to the endzone for a pick six (and made it look easy, TBH)

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012

Definitely think once he gets in the weight room we will all see his talents displayed. Kid has wheels. Who remembers him chasing down the intercepted pass that was a touchdown until he drug the guy down from behind.

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006

Personally, I thought he looked like a raw true freshman who was tying to do too much. You could see glimpses of brilliance in certain spots. As far as size goes, he's 5'11 205 and his arms are huge. If you have a question about his speed - check out the MTSU game.. He ran down a cornerback who had a seemingly clear path to the endzone for a pick six (and made it look easy, TBH)
Yes, I remember that run down. I don't why anyone would say he does not have speed. The cornerback had at least a 20 yard lead and he just flat out ran him down.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

IDK, I thought he looked fine...similar to another Kentucky native:

Shaun Alexander
Height: 5-11 Weight: 228 Age: 38
Born: 8/30/1977 Florence , KY
College: Alabama
Experience: 9 Seasons NFL

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Damien looked a little lost at times but that can be expected as a true freshman. While KY HS football is not AL HS football, Damien had over 100 yards rushing in the Under Armour AA game and looked great against the top HS talent in America. I think he will put on 10 lbs of muscle in the 4th qtr program and be a factor next year.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina

Back to the subject. BJ did not make the ACT score needed on his last test. He is retaking in February and likely/hopefully all will be good.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Back to the subject. BJ did not make the ACT score needed on his last test. He is retaking in February and likely/hopefully all will be good.
If that's the case, another RB needs to sign on NSD to make sure we get at least one guy in this class unless Ronnie Clark and Gore are going to get carries in 2016.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Man I hate to hear that! Dude is an absolute gamer. Come on BJ, work hard and get that score up so you can roll with us on Saturdays!

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA

Man I hate to hear that! Dude is an absolute gamer. Come on BJ, work hard and get that score up so you can roll with us on Saturdays!
Didn't D. Flowers get injured early on in practice (even in the Spring, perhaps)? Will he be back/available this Spring? Let's not forget about him when we're evaluating our RB depth.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Didn't D. Flowers get injured early on in practice (even in the Spring, perhaps)? Will he be back/available this Spring? Let's not forget about him when we're evaluating our RB depth.
He was ruled academically ineligible during the summer. Bo tore his ACL during the spring.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.