Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: *** RB BJ Emmons Commits to Alabama ***

Yall think we've got a realistic chance at swaying Pennamon? If not do we have another backup plan for BJ? As we all know,, in our system depth is crucial at this position and as such really makes this an area of need.
Saban visited him yesterday at school. I believe he plans to take an OV to Bama some time.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Emmons' academics are going to be the key here. It's probably too late in the game to meaningfully raise his core GPA (though he may be able to do that to a degree), so he needs to improve his standardized test scores. Good news is that his situation isn't particularly dire, and we've had a lot of kids over the years who have been in his basic situation, with most of them qualifying academically come August.

Going to really want this kid on campus this season. With his size and build, he figures to be someone who can contribute immediately, and who won't need to put on weight to be a viable option (which was, in part, Harris' problem this year). Would be nice to have him as a third or fourth tailback next fall, providing depth security against injuries and shouldering 40-60 carries.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada

SIAP, Stephen Smith of espn reporting that he is not eligible for NSD, and will re-take ACT Feb 6th...

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

Not sure what that reports about. Nothing new has cahanged since the last update. He probably signs regardless of his scores and keeps taking the act til he gets it. I guess ESPN is making it a big deal just to make it a big deal.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

SIAP, Stephen Smith of espn reporting that he is not eligible for NSD, and will re-take ACT Feb 6th...
You'll have to forgive George Jefferson Jr., er, l'il Steve-O - he's got that sense of recruiting entitlement that comes with working next door to Temple U. circa 1985-2011.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Easy now... Just because a guy's Twitter handle is @ESPN_Future doesn't mean he actually works for ESPN.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

I'm correct in assuming that abslutely nothing has changed here and "not eligible for signing day" is not a thing that really exists. Or am i missing something?

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL

Easy now... Just because a guy's Twitter handle is @ESPN_Future doesn't mean he actually works for ESPN.
He's terrible at everything. I'm not sure why people turn to him as a source for anything. He reads stuff on message boards and reposts as his own proprietary reporting.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.