*** RB BJ Emmons Signs With Alabama ***

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Just took it for granted that both Emmons and Najee were in the size and strength castegory of Lacy and Ingram. We seem to be going to the more big back style of Henry and scarbrough (sp). Of our last four feature backs that were all awesome, Henry seemed to stand head and and shoulders above the others and Bo appears to come from the same mold as Henry. Anyway I'm glad we are getting away from the 2 yards and a cloud of dust type RB we had during the Shula days.
Henry is a generational type player. We are going to miss and brag about him for some time to come. Bo? He, too, has some great potential but we have to wait and see. Point is, we did not recruit these guys for any other reason than they were the best of the best. Height has zero to do with it. Saban will recruit a 5'8" bowling ball if the guy is stout, can run between the tackles effectively and get down the field with good wheels.

Back to BJ, I saw him play in the all star game. Dude is a stud. He can contribute immediately.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: B.J.Emmons ACT

It's being reported on BOL. that BJ has indeed raised his test score and will qualify for 2016! This is great news and it makes me feel a whole lot better about our RB situation for this season!
This appears to be an accurate report that BJ has qualified and will be terrorizing defenses very soon.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Re: B.J.Emmons ACT

I'd note that athletes aren't necessarily required to make the institutional minimum but they are required to make the NCAA mandated ACT or SAT minimum. The NCAA uses a sliding scale depending on the core GPA of the prospective student-athlete. Also, the NCAA uses the sum of each ACT component part. So the composite score is not what matters at all to the NCAA.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.