*** RB BJ Emmons Signs With Alabama ***

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
B.J.Emmons ACT

It's being reported on BOL. that BJ has indeed raised his test score and will qualify for 2016! This is great news and it makes me feel a whole lot better about our RB situation for this season!

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Re: B.J.Emmons ACT

That is significantly good news!! Now, if he just didn`t raise it too much in order to keep the NCAA from jumping all over it....

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

That is significantly good news!! Now, if he just didn`t raise it too much in order to keep the NCAA from jumping all over it....
BOL says his score is high enough with his current GPA, but he plans to retake the ACT in April to score even higher in case his GPA dropped.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

He needs to continue to work, but good news nonetheless...:cool2:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Just curious, what's the bare minimum ACT score one has to make in order to be accepted and enroll at Alabama?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Just curious, what's the bare minimum ACT score one has to make in order to be accepted and enroll at Alabama?
http://gobama.ua.edu/steps/freshman-req/
Decisions about the potential for your academic success at UA are based on your performance on the ACT and/or SAT, your high-school grade point average, and your high-school course schedule.
Another one I saw on other website:
[

ACT Requirements

Admission data indicates that The University of Alabama regularly accepts students with ACTs of 22 and above. We estimate the school accepting minimim ACT composite scores around 18 in some instances. Prospective students submitting an ACT composite of 26 or higher should be in the upper half of appliants - and students with a 30 and above have very competitive chances. Scoring well on the ACT is very important as 76 percent of applicants submit ACT scores to The University of Alabama.
/QUOTE]

mikelove

Scout Team
Oct 4, 2014
A guy I work with his son is committed to Bama in baseball and he said his son has to get his up to a sixteen.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I'm going to go out on a limb and say most of our football players didn't score a 22. I will stay on that limb and say most in the SEC didn't either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gumptider

1st Team
Sep 24, 2008
Unless they've changed it, the minimum ACT is based on a sliding scale relative to GPA. If you have a higher GPA, you can have a lower ACT (down to 18 I think). That means it ends up being different for each kid. Not knowing what BJ's GPA is, I'm not sure we can know what the minimum required ACT score would be.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
I think this makes getting Najee Harris all the more important. Both Emmons and Harris need to start early and stay late with Coach Cochrans strength and conditioning program though. I can see most RB's being intimidated by the size and ability of Henry and Bo when they came to visit. Henry's stiff arm and Drake's speed are gone, Bo is next up (I think).

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I think this makes getting Najee Harris all the more important. Both Emmons and Harris need to start early and stay late with Coach Cochrans strength and conditioning program though. I can see most RB's being intimidated by the size and ability of Henry and Bo when they came to visit. Henry's stiff arm and Drake's speed are gone, Bo is next up (I think).
While everybody we sign needs to work hard with Cochran in our S&C program, both Emmons and Harris are grown men in the typical mode of big RB's we recruit and play.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
While everybody we sign needs to work hard with Cochran in our S&C program, both Emmons and Harris are grown men in the typical mode of big RB's we recruit and play.
Just took it for granted that both Emmons and Najee were in the size and strength castegory of Lacy and Ingram. We seem to be going to the more big back style of Henry and scarbrough (sp). Of our last four feature backs that were all awesome, Henry seemed to stand head and and shoulders above the others and Bo appears to come from the same mold as Henry. Anyway I'm glad we are getting away from the 2 yards and a cloud of dust type RB we had during the Shula days.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Just took it for granted that both Emmons and Najee were in the size and strength castegory of Lacy and Ingram. We seem to be going to the more big back style of Henry and scarbrough (sp). Of our last four feature backs that were all awesome, Henry seemed to stand head and and shoulders above the others and Bo appears to come from the same mold as Henry. Anyway I'm glad we are getting away from the 2 yards and a cloud of dust type RB we had during the Shula days.
Emmons is not as tall as Henry/Scarborough at 5' 11" but he is 230 lbs. Najee is 6' 2" and 220 lbs entering his senior year so by the time he takes a snap at Bama he will be right where DH and Bo are now and is currently as big or bigger as TJ Yeldon.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.