Depth Chart

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I love these threads - right on schedule for the time of the year. My question is who the break out player will be this year. I can't help but think it will be our 5 star true frosh running back that came from Alexander country. Really looking forward to starting practice!!!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Can someone explain to me how a former #1 overall in D'Shawn Hand is still 3rd string?
It's amazing talent and depth. We will see more of Mr. Hand this year but like most of our top recruits they are having to wait their turn. Next year will be Da'Shawn's break-out year (and other DL since we are going to lose a lot of guys to the NFL).

I think Daron Payne will see some snaps at NT.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I love these threads - right on schedule for the time of the year. My question is who the break out player will be this year. I can't help but think it will be our 5 star true frosh running back that came from Alexander country. Really looking forward to starting practice!!!
My two possible freshman impact players are Damien Harris at RB and Calvin Ridley at WR. Both play at positions with no previous starters. Henry and Drake are proven but I don't think they want Drake to handle that many handoffs and Alabama likes to play three at RB. Defensively we are just too deep with veteran players. Ronnie Harrison has a shot but I'm not sure about any others.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
My two possible freshman impact players are Damien Harris at RB and Calvin Ridley at WR. Both play at positions with no previous starters. Henry and Drake are proven but I don't think they want Drake to handle that many handoffs and Alabama likes to play three at RB. Defensively we are just too deep with veteran players. Ronnie Harrison has a shot but I'm not sure about any others.
Agreed on the prime candidates. I think the winner will depend on whether Harris can pick up pass protection to the point that he's just not an abject liability. If so, he'll be the breakout FR. If not, he won't get the carries unless there are multiple injuries.

I am still not sold on Coker winning the job. I think Cornwell is very close to taking the spot, myself.
I'm with you. Coker will make good decisions. Whether he's the guy or not depends on whether he can make them quickly. A good decision executed too late is about as hurtful as the wrong decision.

If the 5th year senior and the redshirt freshman make the same number of mistakes, go with the young one. At least he has the time to get better.

dvil doc

1st Team
Dec 3, 2014
Northern Virginia
I'm looking forward to seeing D. Hand with more playing time as well. He is from just up the road from where I presently keyboard this. Hopefully he will live up to his hype.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
On 3rd and long defense this year, I want to see Hand and Tomlinson as the DTs and Evans and Williams on the edge. We need our defensive line to be more disruptive in general, but especially on those obvious passing downs..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Saw this on Twitter about the offensive line. Could make for a real special year if true.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Who is the tweet from? I feel we are going to be a more mauling, physical OL than we had last year but last 5 yrs brings in 2012 which throws out any credibility of the person who wrote this.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Who is the tweet from? I feel we are going to be a more mauling, physical OL than we had last year but last 5 yrs brings in 2012 which throws out any credibility of the person who wrote this.
From this guy. He has 13K followers. I tend to agree with you but I just thought it was interesting nonetheless.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I'm hopeful our line will come together but I don't believe anything about what the coaches "expect". The offensive line is one of those positions that experience really does matter. Every high draft pick OL the program has produced under Saban struggled their first year as a starter. Every single one. The good years they had most of their troubles during the first three games and it smoothed out from there. In lesser years the problems were all season. Let's hope this is a good year and they iron it out before they lose a game because of it.

I'm hopeful the quality snaps Bozeman and Dominick Jackson Got last year can really pay benefit now and their learning curve will be quick. Then we gotta hope Ross Pierschbacher is some sort of prodigy. Then and we gotta literally pray we have no injuries at tackle since we only really have the two unless you count the fuzzy faced true freshman who just got there.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
We'll be real good this year. The Run Game will be on point. The pass Block is another story. I wonder if Bozeman and jackson alone with Kelly improved as well.

AmeliaGayle

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 29, 2012
Mobile, AL
I hope we are able to lean of the offensive line this season. Few things make me happier than watching us break someone's spirit with the running game. Blake to Amari twelve times a game was pretty, but I miss witnessing the brutality of what Eddie Lacy did to Georgia and Notre Dame.

Last edited:

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
From this guy. He has 13K followers. I tend to agree with you but I just thought it was interesting nonetheless.

Maybe the name should be Seeing Crimson (as in, incredibly shaded Crimson-colored glasses), rather than Living Crimson.

4 months or so after their last game, the 2012 OL had two first round choices, plus another guy who had both an Outland and a Rimington in his trophy case. Made Georgia and Notre Dame look like FCS defenses in the SECCG and the BCSNCG.

And somebody's saying in August that 2015 will be better? I want some of what he's smoking.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.