News Article: 2015 RB Xavian Marks Joins the Football Team

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
If he lines up in the backfield in a split or I set with Henry, then we have a "bloody your nose between the tackles" and "run a trap or sweep and good luck catching the guy" in the backfield at the same time.

Might make implementing a little Triple O into the mix worth it.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Pure emergency option, but an option that we can use this season all-the-same.
Correct IMO. It is almost August and he had not signed with anyone else so those comparing him to David Palmer and Joey Jones you are correct in size and speed but most likely not in talent. We needed a body at RB and we got one. I think a better comparison is Brandon Brooks who returned kick-offs (one for a TD against the Barn) for one year because of his speed.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
I guess you never know how things translate to the football field, but that's an attention-getting 100-meter time. The 7th and 8th place runners in the 2014 men's Div. I finals ran 10.23. He's a long way (relatively speaking) from the winning time, but still....

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
If he lines up in the backfield in a split or I set with Henry, then we have a "bloody your nose between the tackles" and "run a trap or sweep and good luck catching the guy" in the backfield at the same time.

Might make implementing a little Triple O into the mix worth it.
Ant Man and Hulk.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
we need bodies at RB. coaches arent looking for him to start. Or even get meaningful playing time. But like all the others, he'll get his chances to make a difference. And who knows. Scat backs can have a role in an offense. as far as KR and PR goes, he has the speed. But Saban could care less about how fast you are. He wants someone that knows how to field kicks.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
I trust the coaches gave this kid a scholarship because they believe he has talent and not to just have a body out there. I can guarantee you when school starts and the walk ons start showing up they will find a scout team back or two. With his speed any
time he has the ball he is a threat to take it to the house. Maybe we have a Darrin Sproles type in the making or a player like the guy that played for LSU a few years back his name escapes me right now. I would be happy if he turns out like either one of them . All that being said welcome aboard Xavian.

dvil doc

1st Team
Dec 3, 2014
Northern Virginia
George Ranch was opened in 2010. They are in the 4A classification.

The GR website states the Marks brothers signed with New Mexico State. Guess they changed their minds.

oldtimetider

1st Team
Nov 16, 2008
Lord have Mercy...Joey Jones and Preston Gothard...Penn State...1983. I was at work and a coworker called me and was "calling" the last drive of the game to me over the phone...a great, great comeback and one more score and x pt would seal the win...He screamed over the phone, Touchdown Bama!! Touchdown Bama!!.....Then NO, THEY CALLED HIM OUT, THEY CALLED HIM OUT, THEY CALLED HIM OUT!!! Jones was standing right over the top of Gothard in the back of the PS endzone....ref who called him out was a PSU grad...
dang...now I won't sleep tonight....

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
Lord have Mercy...Joey Jones and Preston Gothard...Penn State...1983. I was at work and a coworker called me and was "calling" the last drive of the game to me over the phone...a great, great comeback and one more score and x pt would seal the win...He screamed over the phone, Touchdown Bama!! Touchdown Bama!!.....Then NO, THEY CALLED HIM OUT, THEY CALLED HIM OUT, THEY CALLED HIM OUT!!! Jones was standing right over the top of Gothard in the back of the PS endzone....ref who called him out was a PSU grad...
dang...now I won't sleep tonight....

Too bad we can't make Instant Replay retroactive. I will never, ever, forget that farce. Now I won't sleep either.

Roll Tide!

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
That guy is not just fast, but he's quick. And shifty. And knows how to hit the hole. He would do great in a "spread" offense, which we run at times. If his hands are soft (looks that way), he should be able to get behind a defense or the threat thereof could help get him open. This kid on a wheel route, or returns - I'm actually hyping myself up over what most would call a "runt", but I think the kid has "it". I think he'll exceed expectations. I also like the change of pace. Welcome. I hope he and the team do great this year.

RollinTide75

Oct 19, 2012
Memphis,TN
Hello everyone... It's been a while since i've posted anything, glad to be back... I don't know if anyone has stated this or not, but after watching Xavian's highlights, he reminds me a lot of Tyrone Prothro... that's my opinion, does anyone else see any similarities?

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.