News Article: 2015 RB Xavian Marks Joins the Football Team

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Story

Brothers Xavian Marks and Torin Marks will join the Alabama football program, their father Clyde told AL.com on Tuesday.

Clyde Marks said that Xavian, a 5-foot-8, 155-pound running back from Rosenberg, Texas, will be on football scholarship and will have a chance to run track. Torin, a 5-foot-11, 170-pound defensive back and wide receiver, will be a walk-on.

Both graduated this year from George Ranch School and both were three-star recruits. Torin is a year older as Xavian had a late birthday for his class.

"He's coming on a scholarship and as of right now, it's football, but I'm sure he probably will run track," Clyde said of Xavian. "He's a 10.3 (second) 100 (meter dash) kid. If they give him the opportunity to run, he probably will run track also."
Recruiting profiles for each

Xavian Marks

Torin Marks

Last edited:

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
5'8" 155 lbs is gonna be tough to do between the tackles. Looks like he's got the wheels though, so hopefully he works out. Let's see how big this kid's heart is.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
5'8" 155 lbs is gonna be tough to do between the tackles. Looks like he's got the wheels though, so hopefully he works out. Let's see how big this kid's heart is.
Definitely not a typical Bama back. We needed the depth and he will be the scout team RB this coming season.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Depth had to be addressed. So if I'm reading this correctly, his brother is going to walk-on then, or greyshirt? That doesn't seem clear.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Depth had to be addressed. So if I'm reading this correctly, his brother is going to walk-on then, or greyshirt? That doesn't seem clear.
I understood his brother to solely be a walk-on. He's a 5'11 and 170 pound safety. I don't expect Saban to give a scholarship (grey-shirt or regular) to a kid that size unless he's got unreal instincts and athletic ability.

In Kiffin's offense, a guy that fast can be really dangerous.
Agreed. I'm not sure Xavian will play this year just because he hasn't been able to go through Cochran's training, hasn't been doing the "voluntary" shell work with the other skill players, and probably hasn't been able to study the playbook that much.

If another RB was to go down with an injury, I could see him to get a few snaps in order to get him ready in case his participation became imperative.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
155 pounds. Hmmmmm.

I have been among the first to say "Our coaches know what they are doing." That statement is less easy this time.

Now that I have said the above, watch him run for 1500 yards and be in contention for the Heisman. :wink:

Do those more in-the-know think this means Demetrice Vaughan won't be walking on?

Last edited:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Javy II, maybe? At least returning kicks,perhaps. He could possibly do that while still adding some RB depth and working scout team at RB.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
He may be small, but he's incredibly fast.

For those of us more used to reading 40 times, HUDL lists his 40 time at 4.38

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.