Maine restaurant owner yells at child who was having a fit

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I think the diner owner was within her rights to do whatever was necessary to shut the kid up. It was plain the parents weren't going to do anything.

As a sidebar, does everyone who goes on Facebook find it necessary to use such foul language in their posts? I find that type of language on social media to be disgusting and irresponsible. To me it shows both a low education and a lacking vocabulary.
The use of the bad language on the Facebook posts was almost enough to make me side with the parents. It does not make a good "first impression".

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
but how does any of that make screaming at the 2 year old ok? what exactly did that accomplish? looks like a complete idiot to me.
According to the business owner, it accomplished the silence of the child and the appreciation of the other customers.
This bratty 2 year old wasn't harmed in any way.

stlimprov

1st Team
Nov 9, 2005
Saint Louis, MO
Explain to me why we feel the need to take sides on stories like this?

Two wrongs don't make a right, but they do make a "news" story, which increasingly is little more than a retweet of a social media catfight.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
You're right about that, but if it were left up to the free market to determine then - as was proven both in the cases of Chick-fil-A and the Indiana pizza place - we know pretty much how it would turn out.
I wonder, how this would turn out.
Given the choice between eating a meal at a restaurant that has a kid screaming the entire time you are there but bans smoking, or one that allows smoking, but no screaming kids, which would you prefer?
Personally, I would rather eat in a restaurant that allows smoking than screaming children.

From person experience, the most stressful portion of my combat tour in Afghanistan, far and away, was the flight home. I took C-17s from K2 to Sigonella, and in Sigonells, picked up the rotator (charter 707 which moves military famnilies bacross the Atlantic). For 20 minutes, Child number 1 (one row in front of me) was screaming like someone had ripped his little arm off and was beating him with it. Exhausted, he fell asleep. Child #2 (two seats to my right) picked up the chorus and screamed blood murder for 20 minutes until worn out and fell asleep. Child #3 (two seats to my left) then started for 20 minutes, and fell asleep. Then child #4 (two rows behind me) screamed bloody murder for 20 minutes. By this time, Child #1 was rested enough for round 2. I hated that flight. I wanted to turn the plane around and go back to Afghanistan. It would have been more restful.

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I wonder, how this would turn out.
Given the choice between eating a meal at a restaurant that has a kid screaming the entire time you are there but bans smoking, or one that allows smoking, but no screaming kids, which would you prefer?
Personally, I would rather eat in a restaurant that allows smoking than screaming children.
I'd order take out.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.