*** S Shawn Jennings Commits to Alabama ***

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: 2016 S Shawn Jennings set to announce on 7/28

Younger brother of 2015 commitment Anfernee Jennings...you do the math.

Rolleth
Good deal. He is not very highly rated due to playing QB in HS but he is a big physical kid (6'2" 190 lbs) that will be a very good safety.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Re: *** 2016 S Shawn Jennings Commits to Bama ***

Well said young man. I can't wait to cheer you on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Welcome and RTR Shawn. I hope the Jennings brothers are as successful as Cyrus and Arie.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

I know he`ll be coming as a safety, but he`s played primarily QB in HS (?). If so, did he play any safety? Would his rating be based on his QB play?

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Think this one was always more of a question of whether we would take him, as opposed to whether he would commit.

Kind of an all-around player in high school, who has a lot of responsibilities on both sides of the ball. He's got pretty solid size, though not the longest frame. In general, he projects as someone who can fit into a lot of different roles in the defensive back seven, and that's basically the selling point here.

Going back to Saban's comments a few weeks back, defensively -- and particularly in the back seven -- you now have to recruit a lot of guys who can do a variety of things, because you don't get the substitution opportunities that you once did and as a result the degree of specialization isn't as great as it once was. The current game, in essence, naturally favors guys who can do a lot of different things well enough, as opposed to guys who can do one or two things really well. I think that's basically the mold that Jennings fits into, FWIW.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.