Trump Threatens 3rd Party Run

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It's a good article. I don't really hold those failures against him. Many successful businessmen have a string of failures behind them. All I'm questioning is whether his personality is really what the voting populace wants in the Oval Office.

Also, for the record, other than suspensions for drunken posts in game threads and drive-by rival fans, very few people get banned or suspended for what they post on a forum. At least 90% is for something said in anger in a PM. The single most common reason is a declaration that they are just not going to follow site policies. This is not an invitation to discuss policy on the forum - we don't do that. If you want to PM me, I'd be happy to discuss anything...

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
OK, let's steer away from the kinky stuff and get back closer to topic... :D
I wonder what this forum would have been like from 2008 to 2011 (thereabouts) if you were a regular. I mean, it might not have survived. Riz, RV, AJ, and others could have turned a thread about helping the homeless into a less than pure discussion within four posts.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I wonder what this forum would have been like from 2008 to 2011 (thereabouts) if you were a regular. I mean, it might not have survived. Riz, RV, AJ, and others could have turned a thread about helping the homeless into a less than pure discussion within four posts.
I hope that's a compliment... ;)

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Whenever a politician of either party says, "We will get around to immigration reform, once we have secured the border, I am reminded of Lucy and Charlie Brown and the football.
"This time, Charlie Brown, I promise, if you will just vote for me, I'll secure border. I promise. Trust me."
And every time, the voters vote for said politician, they yank the football away at the last second, and say, "You are so gullible! Gosh, how stupid are you?"

That game gets boring after a while.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Whenever a politician of either party says, "We will get around to immigration reform, once we have secured the border, I am reminded of Lucy and Charlie Brown and the football.
"This time, Charlie Brown, I promise, if you will just vote for me, I'll secure border. I promise. Trust me."
And every time, the voters vote for said politician, they yank the football away at the last second, and say, "You are so gullible! Gosh, how stupid are you?"

That game gets boring after a while.
Immigration reform can go both ways.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Being in charge of securing the border is meaningless if the funding for doing so is never approved. Such has been the case for decades, and I imagine it will remain so for decades longer.
The border will remain open until the difference between standards of living in the US are so close to those in Guatemala and Mexico that it is no longer worth making the trip. And the US looks a lot like the dystophian America in the film Elysium.

Because the elites in both parties want it that way.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.