Trump Threatens 3rd Party Run

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
yeah, that was said in snark. my fil worked for him back in the early 70s (at eds i think, or whatever his company was) and said he was a jackass
In this biz myself. No one I know that dealt with him personally cared for him

and if it was early 70's it was EDS

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
In this biz myself. No one I know that dealt with him personally cared for him

and if it was early 70's it was EDS
I never had any dealings with EDS, but have worked with the later Perot Systems, and after it was bought out by Dell (which pretty much ruined things). I never worked with anyone who had ever met him. Not sure, but I guess by that time he was not intimately involved in the company.

As for Trump, I have a couple of friends/family members by marriage who know him, and think he is all right. None of them think he is presidential material though.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I think Trump is really NYBF and his candidacy is the result of too much free time after he was booted from Tidefans.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I never had any dealings with EDS, but have worked with the later Perot Systems, and after it was bought out by Dell (which pretty much ruined things). I never worked with anyone who had ever met him. Not sure, but I guess by that time he was not intimately involved in the company.

As for Trump, I have a couple of friends/family members by marriage who know him, and think he is all right. None of them think he is presidential material though.
I've dealt with EDS both pre HP buyout and post and Perot Systems pre and post Dell. I've also been in Ross's old office in Dallas and his board room with a company that took over the old EDS building

I don't know anyone that knows Trump as far as I am aware

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
yeah, that was said in snark. my fil worked for him back in the early 70s (at eds i think, or whatever his company was) and said he was a jackass
Ben said that the dressing-down he got at the house was uncomfortable, even humiliating, for him, as Perot lectured him on the details of what he was allowed to do, go, etc. with his daughter. He said it was even more humiliating for the girl, who had to stand there and watch. He said that she probably never got a second date with anyone...

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Yeah, his arrogance and bravado know no bounds.
Plus, if he runs third party, he has a built-in excuse when he loses the election for a job I don't think he even wants. He can claim whatever number of votes he got was "YUGE!" given he ran as a third party candidate. Then call everybody meanies and losers and move on to whatever his next reality show will be.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I don't know if any of you ever read Ed Rollins's book, "Bare Knuckles and Back Rooms," but he was Perot's co-campaign manager along with the late Hamilton Jordan (Rollins is best-known for running Reagan's 1984 re-election campaign and for shooting off his mouth about paying off NJ pastors to not rock the black vote so Whitman could win NJ in 1993). Rollins talked about how when he first saw Perot that he saw another Reagan initially - a real, true blue, American, the whole Norman Rockwell thing.

And then he had to deal with him and said it was one of the most miserable experiences of his life. His assessment after managing Perot - and getting fired - was that Perot would have been a complete disaster as President, a micro-manager of the highest order. He even joked that one day Perot would have been Secretary of Treasury, the next Commerce, the next Defense - because "Perot is genetically incapable of delegating." He also told how one of Perot's lawyers - Tom Luce, I think - had gotten to be a millionaire simply by getting his butt chewed on by Perot all the time about things big and small. He later joked that Perot literally did nothing right in his campaign and STILL got 1/5 of the nation's vote, pointing out that with a little luck and a much better campaign Perot could have gotten 35% easily.

He also caught Perot in lie after lie after lie - so much so that Perot's employees referred to his penchant for telling tall tales as "Rossing." In one memorable tale, Perot single-handedly stopped a break-in by the Black Panthers at his house in the 1970s. Rollins decided to check out this story (knowing it would be found out) and was told by a source close to Perot that Perot's guard dogs had actually done it. So Rollins then checked out THAT story with the security guards, who said that Perot doesn't even like dogs and had never had any. (The security guard further joked about how much they could save since they wouldn't need the Secret Service, they'd just let what they called "the stealth dogs" guard Perot).

I suspect he's a spoiled rich little tyrant who can afford to be a jerk.

Kinda like Donald Trump now that I think about it.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Ben said that the dressing-down he got at the house was uncomfortable, even humiliating, for him, as Perot lectured him on the details of what he was allowed to do, go, etc. with his daughter. He said it was even more humiliating for the girl, who had to stand there and watch. He said that she probably never got a second date with anyone...
i think i would have walked out the minute he started and given his daughter my address (assuming she was hot of course ;) )

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Plus, if he runs third party, he has a built-in excuse when he loses the election for a job I don't think he even wants. He can claim whatever number of votes he got was "YUGE!" given he ran as a third party candidate. Then call everybody meanies and losers and move on to whatever his next reality show will be.
one thing is for sure, he failures are never his fault. its a trait that seems to be consistent among the jack-.....

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
i think i would have walked out the minute he started and given his daughter my address (assuming she was hot of course ;) )
"Cute" is about the best I could do in characterizing her. She didn't inherit the ears, or had had them pinned back surgically...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.