News Article: Bob Stoops says Sooners never got over Bedlam loss

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
This is becoming a pattern with him. He's no longer considered one of the elite coaches in college football, and he has to keep saying stuff like this to keep his name in the headlines. It's the only way he can stay relevant.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Typical. I'm sorry to the good OU folks that frequent this site, but I have no respect for Stoops anymore. He's had our number over the years and more power to him for that. But he's turned into such a baby.

And to be frank... I don't doubt him that the OSU loss hurt them in bowl prep. I just have a problem with him bringing it up when he bashed CNS for this last year.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
This is becoming a pattern with him. He's no longer considered one of the elite coaches in college football, and he has to keep saying stuff like this to keep his name in the headlines. It's the only way he can stay relevant.
Bobby boy has certainly begun to embarrass himself with his mouth, but I don't think we need to say anything about it because his team whipped us on the field the last time we played, and that is really the only place it matters. Frankly, that was a very embarrassing loss to a team that shouldn't have stayed within two touchdowns of us. We can make excuses all we want and laugh at what Stoops and OU have become (Texas's whipping boy), but they beat us straight up on the field. That now makes two straight embarrassing losses in the Superdome. Maybe we can get back to whipping people on defense and pounding the rock to control the clock this year.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
It is only an excuse if some other guy is making it. :D
Haha, truer words have never been spoken. I am hoping for a season with no excuses this year, but our schedule is tough, and we don't have a QB, and our defense has been gashed a few times the last few years, and Kiffy-poo loves the pass too much... Oops, sorry, I am already making excuses, uh, I mean looking for reasons that we might lose and/or not dominate every moment of every game. Seriously, though, I do hope that our defense is dominant and that our offense controls the ball and that we make a lot of teams quit this year. Roll Tide!

Bama Czar

1st Team
Sep 1, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Bobby boy has certainly begun to embarrass himself with his mouth, but I don't think we need to say anything about it because his team whipped us on the field the last time we played, and that is really the only place it matters. Frankly, that was a very embarrassing loss to a team that shouldn't have stayed within two touchdowns of us. We can make excuses all we want and laugh at what Stoops and OU have become (Texas's whipping boy), but they beat us straight up on the field. That now makes two straight embarrassing losses in the Superdome. Maybe we can get back to whipping people on defense and pounding the rock to control the clock this year.
"Texas' whipping boy"?? Oklahoma has won 4 of the last 5 games vs. Texas......( & put up 55 & 61 points in 2011 & 2012). OU may be someone's whipping boy, but Texas', they are not...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
"Texas' whipping boy"?? Oklahoma has won 4 of the last 5 games vs. Texas......( & put up 55 & 61 points in 2011 & 2012). OU may be someone's whipping boy, but Texas', they are not...
I think he was thinking about this stretch, but that feels like ages ago with Texas being in the slump they are in now.

2005Oklahoma12Texas (#2)45Dallas
2006Oklahoma (#14)10Texas (#7)28Dallas
2007Oklahoma (#10)28Texas (#19)21Dallas
2008Oklahoma (#1)35Texas (#5)45Dallas
2009Oklahoma (#20)13Texas (#3)16Dallas

Bama Czar

1st Team
Sep 1, 2010
Woodstock, GA
I think he was thinking about this stretch, but that feels like ages ago with Texas being in the slump they are in now.
Perhaps, but there have been several games played (& dominated by OU) since that stretch. Stoops & OU have certainly not "become" (as it was said) "Texas' whipping boy"....

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
OU has become Tejas' whipping boy by the way they allow Tejas to drag them around let UT do whatever they want (Longhorn Network, expansion, etc.) in the Big 12.

Bama Czar

1st Team
Sep 1, 2010
Woodstock, GA
OU has become Tejas' whipping boy by the way they allow Tejas to drag them around let UT do whatever they want (Longhorn Network, expansion, etc.) in the Big 12.
In that respect then, Texas has always led everyone in the Big12 since it's inception......long before Stoops arrived in Norman. Stoops certainly did not remake OU into Texas' whipping boy..... I certainly do not think highly of Stoops, but to create a narrative that portrays Stoops as leading OU into being Texas' whipping boy is inaccurate.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.