Hulk Hogan contract terminated and his HOF status seems to be revoked by the WWE

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
If his comments were what was in that article, I don't understand the issue.

It's a word. It doesn't seem like he was calling black people that word, at least if he was it wasn't in a malicious way. Is that something he should not have done? Perhaps. Something to terminate a contract over and eliminate the person from the record books? No and it is utterly insane to react that way. But that is where our society has gone to. Right off the cliff of insanity.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
I'm not sure the WWE doesn't need the Hulk more than the Hulk needs the WWE. When MLB kicked Rose out, they still had a hundred players with more appeal than Rose. Hogan is probably professional wrestling's most popular wrestler of all time. If you asked the general public to name a famous wrestler, I'd imagine Hogan's name would be the one most frequently given. Now, had Hogan committed murder, rape, or some violent act, sure, take him out. Over using a word in a way that wasn't meant to be insulting to anyone? That's just ludicrous.

It makes me think of this article I read recently:
http://natepyle.com/outrage/
It has a Christian leaning, but the point is evident regardless of your religious beliefs.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
So let me get this straight, Booker T (at the time was in a Tag Team called Harlem Heat with his real life brother) can call HulkHogan the "n-word" on television in front of millions of folks and nothing is done to him but Hulk Hogan says the word as part of a story he was retelling about how people of color he lived around though so much of him that they all the Hulkster to use the word "*****" word as a term of endearment from a friend to another friend (rather you believe the hard "er" or the "a" version of the word is a term of endearment, which I don't) him to use it back and now it's a story? Are you effin kidding me?

This, to me, is the wrestling version of Paula Deen, the media misses the context of the story and went straight to the word they know will spark controversy. I have lost all respect for the media and their "shock jock" form of reporting. Should Hogan had use the word in the story, probably not, but this is a non-story to me. It would be hypercritical of the WWE to wash all hands at Hogan for using the "n-word" and yet they keep Booker T. around even knowing his not afraid to use the word.

So the moral of the story is....blacks can't be racists, it's only white people can be racist. SMH.

(Note: You can find Booker T. saying the N-Word on WCW programming on youtube.)

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
Mean Gene, let me tell ya brother. ​I made a big mistake when I was found in a compromising position with a beauty of the opposite sex.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Yeah, sounds to me like the WWE is developing a new story line to shore up their ratings.
Perhaps but there may also be a bombshell coming in the trial that they've been made aware of.

On the other hand, McMahon is ultimate carnival barker. They can pretend all they wish but the fact is that most folks who don't know what pro wrestling is (or has become) know enough to know 'it's what Hulk Hogan does.' Even all these years later.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.