2015 RB Jordan Stevenson Commits to Nebraska (Update: Page 4)

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Re: 2015 4 * RB Jordan Stevenson

Reportedly Stevenson is visiting Miami today and then Tuscaloosa later this week. I kind of like being the last to pitch to him. Whatever he chooses to do, I wish him luck. It really sucks to get this far along from a qualifying standpoint only to get the rug pulled out from under you at the last moment.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Reportedly Stevenson is visiting Miami today and then Tuscaloosa later this week. I kind of like being the last to pitch to him. Whatever he chooses to do, I wish him luck. It really sucks to get this far along from a qualifying standpoint only to get the rug pulled out from under you at the last moment.
If the staff full court presses him, who knows? I would at least bet that he`ll leave Tuscaloosa with a lot more on his mind than before he arrived.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Do we know if mom is with him? Agreed on the rug pulled out.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Glad Mom seems to be with us, but you can`t help wondering why/how she developed her opinions concerning all three schools. I`ve never heard anything bad about UN ( except that it`s like the North Pole in the winter and I`d also hazard a guess that the girls don`t compare to either UA or the U ).

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA

Not that it's ideal, but would he be eligible to play this fall (assuming he qualifies)?

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

Not that it's ideal, but would he be eligible to play this fall (assuming he qualifies)?
My understanding is Stevenson has qualified by NCAA standards. Problem for him was he didn't qualify by University of Wisconsin academic standards. Supposedly one the reasons that Gary Andersen left Wisconsin as head coach to take the job at Oregon State was that it was getting tougher for him to get the kind of players needed to compete with tOSU, Michigan, MSU, etc.. because of the university's academic rigors.

I found that somewhat hard to believe until I went to the University's Requirements and Expectations site.

Average Academic Units (Including core work in AP, Honors and IB courses) - 19-22 (most schools 15-17)

Unweighted GPA's between 3.7-4.0 and a class rank from 84-97 percentile

Typical scores between 27-31 on ACT and 1800-2070 on the SAT.

Looking at the sliding scale used by the NCAA on GPA/Standardized Test scores, I can easily see why Stevenson could meet NCAA standards and not Wisconsin's standards.

Last edited:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

My understanding is Stevenson has qualified by NCAA standards. Problem for him was he didn't qualify by University of Wisconsin academic standards. Supposedly one the reasons that Gary Andersen left Wisconsin as head coach to take the job at Oregon State was that it was getting tougher for him to get the kind of players needed to compete with tOSU, Michigan, MSU, etc.. because of the university's academic rigors.

I found that somewhat hard to believe until I went to the University's Requirements and Expectations site.

Average Academic Units (Including core work in AP, Honors and IB courses) - 19-22 (most schools 15-17)

Looking at the sliding scale used by the NCAA on GPA/Standardized Test scores, I can easily see why Stevenson could meet NCAA standards and not Wisconsin's standards.
Those look pretty stiff!! It was many moons ago, but I sure didn`t have the scores to get into Wisconsin, under current standards, and I was a pretty good student in high school !

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

Wow, I would not make it in either!

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012

Those look pretty stiff!! It was many moons ago, but I sure didn`t have the scores to get into Wisconsin, under current standards, and I was a pretty good student in high school !
Same here! I had no idea...

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006

Whose momma would really want their boy to play for pellini of they comparable other choices?

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

Same here with the "many moons ago". I had a 3.4 GPA and a 24 on the ACT. However that 3.4 was in standard academic coursework. No advance math beyond algebra II, or foreign languages, or advance placement courses. I probably wouldn't qualify to be the assistant to the lunchroom ladies at Wisky.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.