2015 RB Jordan Stevenson Commits to Nebraska (Update: Page 4)

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
2015 former Wisconsin commit RB Jordon Stevenson has been release from his National Letter of Intent.

Academic issues was the reason for his denial of admission.

keep our eye on this one, he has recently named Alabama in his Top 3 along with Nebraska and Oregon St.

Coach Saban was among the first to make contact with him right after his release from Wisconsin.

http://alabama.247sports.com/Articl...consin-signee-Jordan-Stevenson-land--38370651

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Re: 2015 4 * RB Jordon Stevenson

2015 former Wisconsin commit RB Jordon Stevenson has been release from his National Letter of Intent.

keep our eye on this one, he has recently named Alabama in his Top 3 along with Nebraska and Oregon St.

Coach Saban was among the first to make contact with him right after his release from Wisconsin.

http://alabama.247sports.com/Articl...consin-signee-Jordan-Stevenson-land--38370651
http://www.TideFans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247802

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

thx. I wasn't quite sure where to post this information.
It probably deserves its own thread. Was just letting you know what other folks were saying about the situation. I hope he comes to Bama..

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Where you been SJC? Stevenson would be a real good pick-up and we will know soon.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

The question is, is there any space left? Alabama just added a guy, who apparently signed (meaning that they had to use two signing slots for one scholarship). If they had any slots left to sign someone, I'd think they were hoping to use them on EEs and not really sure about the scholarship situation at the moment.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds

The question is, is there any space left? Alabama just added a guy, who apparently signed (meaning that they had to use two signing slots for one scholarship). If they had any slots left to sign someone, I'd think they were hoping to use them on EEs and not really sure about the scholarship situation at the moment.
How would/did we use two slots to fill one?

Detail: Jordan, not Jordon?

Reeeeally hope this fellow joins us. More than a little nervous about running back situation; especially for between the tackles running.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Two members of the 2015 signing class aren't on campus - Taylor and Flowers. That opens two scholarships. Marks took one of those.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

How would/did we use two slots to fill one?
Because the signing limit is a hard 25 per year. That's why it was such a stupid rule, and the SEC is the only place to have it. This means that no matter how many scholarships they have, or whether or not a player actually enrolls, or qualifies, when they sign with Alabama they take up one of the 25 "slots". On the other hand, scholarships are limited differently, 25 extra scholarships used annually, 85 overall. I'm not 100% sure of all the nuances, but if someone signs with Alabama, then Alabama can only have 24 left to sign for that "year". It made a ton more sense when it was 28, and teams could deal more effectively with players that didn't qualify and such.

Two members of the 2015 signing class aren't on campus - Taylor and Flowers. That opens two scholarships. Marks took one of those.
That opened up a scholarship, but I'm not up to the numbers on the limit of signees (I'm not sure anyone is since I believe they still could use EEs as previous year's signees).

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Because the signing limit is a hard 25 per year. That's why it was such a stupid rule, and the SEC is the only place to have it. This means that no matter how many scholarships they have, or whether or not a player actually enrolls, or qualifies, when they sign with Alabama they take up one of the 25 "slots". On the other hand, scholarships are limited differently, 25 extra scholarships used annually, 85 overall. I'm not 100% sure of all the nuances, but if someone signs with Alabama, then Alabama can only have 24 left to sign for that "year". It made a ton more sense when it was 28, and teams could deal more effectively with players that didn't qualify and such.

That opened up a scholarship, but I'm not up to the numbers on the limit of signees (I'm not sure anyone is since I believe they still could use EEs as previous year's signees).
I don't want to be a "CNS does no wrong" type of person, but I figure he knows what he's doing in this case. Signing Stevenson could mean he staff doesn't sign as many RBs in 2016 as it originally planned, or it could mean the staff doesn't sign as many DBs because Ronnie Clark is able to move back.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: 2015 4 * RB Jordan Stevenson

Here's the latest with Stevenson. He's down to just Bama and Nebraska. He favors Nebraska, but momma favors Bama.

http://tinyurl.com/obdcbl5
Stevenson set for Nebraska official

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Thanks for the video. Looks to be a quality back. Hope Mom wins.
If we can get him on campus, we`ve got as good a chance as anyone. That`s especially so if doesn`t have some sort of tie to Nebraska. That`s assuming he`s not been to UA before (?).

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
2015 4 * RB Jordan Stevenson

I didn't know that big time recruits going to Nebraska was still a thing..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Stevenson is on his way back to Dallas from his Nebraska trip. He says he will meet with his mom tonight to try to convince her about Nebraska. Mom, OTOH, has been in talks with Bama and Miami. He still may visit Alabama, and it may come as soon as tomorrow. The plan is still be enrolled at a school by the end of the week.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

If he doesn't want to be here I would prefer him go somewhere else rather than be talked into coming to Bama..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

If he doesn't want to be here I would prefer him go somewhere else rather than be talked into coming to Bama..

Tend to agree, but I want to see how he feels about Alabama if he gets on campus. He may decide he prefers Bama after a visit.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Tend to agree, but I want to see how he feels about Alabama if he gets on campus. He may decide he prefers Bama after a visit.
True. Always a tough situation when the player and parent want different things..

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Stevenson is on his way back to Dallas from his Nebraska trip. He says he will meet with his mom tonight to try to convince her about Nebraska. Mom, OTOH, has been in talks with Bama and Miami. He still may visit Alabama, and it may come as soon as tomorrow. The plan is still be enrolled at a school by the end of the week.
Miami could be the dark horse here. From what I'm reading, Stevenson seems to preferred to stay in the BIG 10 hence his original commitment to Wisconsin. . With Nebraska ( Big 10) thin at RB they seemed to have 2 deciding factors going for them.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.