Link: Some remarks from Gen. Wesley Clark...

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Leftists swear it can't and won't happen, while the sheople blindly go about their social media lives, or watching the latest episodes of the Kardashians. They have no idea of what is happening in front of their very eyes.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Well, the Constitution is a living breathing document, so who's to say that the First Amendment really protects speech or that the habeas corpus provision means that the person holding a prisoner actually has to bring the body of the accused to a court?

Actually, as with many things, there is a Civil War precedent. In the case of Ex Parte Merryman, a Federal Ciruit Court ordered that the Federal Executive branch bring Mr. Merryman to court and charge him. The arresting official refused, sending word that he did not work for the judicial branch. The Circuit Court judge was livid, and ordered the official to come to court himself. The executive branch official, when the US Marshal arrived at Fort McHenry, just tapped the muzzle of his cannon and said, "This is my habeas corpus" and told the judge to perform an unnatural act on himself.

For the record, I believe the good general is a bit out to lunch here.

tidegrandpa

All-American
Well, the Constitution is a living breathing document, so who's to say that the First Amendment really protects speech or that the habeas corpus provision means that the person holding a prisoner actually has to bring the body of the accused to a court?

Actually, as with many things, there is a Civil War precedent. In the case of Ex Parte Merryman, a Federal Ciruit Court ordered that the Federal Executive branch bring Mr. Merryman to court and charge him. The arresting official refused, sending word that he did not work for the judicial branch. The Circuit Court judge was livid, and ordered the official to come to court himself. The executive branch official, when the US Marshal arrived at Fort McHenry, just tapped the muzzle of his cannon and said, "This is my habeas corpus" and told the judge to perform an unnatural act on himself.

For the record, I believe the good general is a bit out to lunch here.
I agree, he is an idiot.

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
With this kind of power my problem is with the government they could call anybody disloyal and put them away. I don't like obama or his policies could I be considered disloyal? Not just this administration but any of them.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
With this kind of power my problem is with the government they could call anybody disloyal and put them away. I don't like obama or his policies could I be considered disloyal? Not just this administration but any of them.
Look at the Sedition laws under Woodie Wilson (far and away the worst Virginia President) during WW I.
Despicable.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
I remember reading that Gen. Pershing was angry over the free speech infringements by the gov't back home while he was directing the war over there. I agree Clark sounds scary for liberty.
Look at the Sedition laws under Woodie Wilson (far and away the worst Virginia President) during WW I.
Despicable.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Believe it or not, I picked up the link from a board relating to the carrying of defensive arms. Also, believe it or not, he actually had some supporters. They were mostly LEOs, which, in itself, is also a bit scary to me...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Despicable.
He gets us into a war where we are not at threat and his favorite movie was one that praised the KKK.

So of course he became a liberal icon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
So all the conspiracy theories about concentration camps being built all across this country don't seem so wild and crazy now do they? ;)
Conspiracy theory, you say??

Walmart Contractor Speaks Out

My name is not important but what I want to tell you may be very important to this country. I work for a private contractor that secretly goes to work sites and performs add-ons or retrofits in construction, electrical etc. We are sworn to secrecy in some of our jobs and we are very well paid.......
In each corner of the Walmart they are constructing 4 guard towers or at least they look like guard towers. There is no question what I am seeing here. This made the hairs on the back of neck stand on end. All the display counters and shelves from this Walmart have been taken out of the store. The story that they are saying about plumbing is BS.
http://revelation12.ca/?p=2119

Couple that, with this from General Clark,
Retired US Army General and the former Supreme Allied Commander of Europe for NATO Wesley Clark advocates rounding up “radicalized” and “disloyal” Americans and putting them in internment camps for the “duration” of the war on terror.
and it does give one pause, and makes us wonder about what's really going on in this country.

Last edited:

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
The above makes me wonder enough to ask a simple question of those on the left.
Is this your vision of what America should be?
His idea about this isn't a "left" thing. I don't know a single person on the left that would support what he's suggesting. I'm not saying it's a "right" thing, either. I honestly don't know where the heck he's coming from. Sounds like somebody forgot to take some much-needed medication.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
His idea about this isn't a "left" thing. I don't know a single person on the left that would support what he's suggesting. I'm not saying it's a "right" thing, either. I honestly don't know where the heck he's coming from. Sounds like somebody forgot to take some much-needed medication.
It's what can happen when you grow up inside an echo chamber.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Truly scary.

However, I don't think anyone is completely immune, left, right, up or down. When people do not see things your way and one sees the others as a threat there is a real danger of falling into this mindset.

I agree completely with the echo chamber comment.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Truly scary.

However, I don't think anyone is completely immune, left, right, up or down. When people do not see things your way and one sees the others as a threat there is a real danger of falling into this mindset.
Whether it is left-statists or right-statists, they both seek to increase the increase in the state's power. The problems are two: 1) it frequently violates the Constitution and 2) it creates an apparatus that the other side of the spectrum can use against the original proposers of the new power.
As Jefferson said, "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.