JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
2015 Previews: Who’s up, who’s down heading into 2015
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
July 26th, 2015 07:40 PM

By Jess Nicholas TideFans.com Editor-In-Chief Last year, TideFans.com rolled out its first truly new preseason feature in years, the Emerging Trends analysis. It was an attempt to take a view from 30,000 feet of the SEC landscape and open a discussion on both the short- and long-term futures of each team. While we got most […]

Read More Here

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Doesn't look too good for Florida but as always I will remain optimistic.

As you pointed out, Jess, we are a little thin in player development, and IMHO, that will be our main weakness this season.

The big question mark will be who will play QB. Many are saying Will Grier, but I remind them many were saying the same about Jacob Coker last preseason and look how things turned out.

Thanks as always for your perspective and informative articles. Going to be an interesting season for many in the SEC - that's for sure!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
thanks jess.

i guess we will see on georgia, but i am expecting them to keep themselves out of the seccg again. i have always been of the mind that "bad" coordinators weren't what was holding richt back, richt was. also, the east has been down since around 2010 and georgia has yet to capitalize.

in addition to us beating them, i think they slip up against so. car and either tenn, florida, or maybe mizzou. they may be able to slip in with 3 sec losses, but i think this is another year where the east sends a patsy to the seccg.

this is of course my humble, and quite biased opinion

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
thanks jess.

i guess we will see on georgia, but i am expecting them to keep themselves out of the seccg again. i have always been of the mind that "bad" coordinators weren't what was holding richt back, richt was. also, the east has been down since around 2010 and georgia has yet to capitalize.

in addition to us beating them, i think they slip up against so. car and either tenn, florida, or maybe mizzou. they may be able to slip in with 3 sec losses, but i think this is another year where the east sends a patsy to the seccg.

this is of course my humble, and quite biased opinion
Let the record show that our esteemed scribe also predicted great things fot the 2014 model from Delusion U. This year, despite their supposed star-studded defense and skill players, their QB situation is even a bigger mess. That said, the trip to Athens will be a war. UGA's manhood is again on the line.

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Let the record show that our esteemed scribe also predicted great things fot the 2014 model from Delusion U. This year, despite their supposed star-studded defense and skill players, their QB situation is even a bigger mess. That said, the trip to Athens will be a war. UGA's manhood is again on the line.
i have a feeling that there will be a lot of focus at summer camp (but just once a day) on their being 5 yards away last time. they may even mark off 5 yards on the diving platform at their annual pool party.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Wow, I knew Florida had some problems but how in the world did CWM let that program rundown that far? Hopefully they will give Mac time to build it back.
I think we'll beat UGA but they could finally put it all together. With a unproven QB it will be harder than ever!
I'm not buying the hype on the Vols. They will not win the east.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Wow, I knew Florida had some problems but how in the world did CWM let that program rundown that far? Hopefully they will give Mac time to build it back.
I think we'll beat UGA but they could finally put it all together. With a unproven QB it will be harder than ever!
I'm not buying the hype on the Vols. They will not win the east.
yeah, i was a bit surprised by florida and lsu

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Hate to criticize any of these because predictions like these are notoriously difficult to peg, but with all due respect the Georgia prediction just jumps off the screen like a virtual confetti cannon.

Richt has never taken Georgia that far before, UGA has no real answer at QB, and the schedule brings a road trip to Knoxville against a rising Tennessee program, inter-divisional games against both Alabama and Auburn, and a road game against a good Georgia Tech team in the regular season finale. And it will be this Georgia team, and not the previous thirteen under Richt, that will put them over the top and run the table undefeated?

Crazy things happen in CFB with routine occurrence, but I think this would be a particularly shocking outcome.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Hate to criticize any of these because predictions like these are notoriously difficult to peg, but with all due respect the Georgia prediction just jumps off the screen like a virtual confetti cannon.

Richt has never taken Georgia that far before, UGA has no real answer at QB, and the schedule brings a road trip to Knoxville against a rising Tennessee program, inter-divisional games against both Alabama and Auburn, and a road game against a good Georgia Tech team in the regular season finale. And it will be this Georgia team, and not the previous thirteen under Richt, that will put them over the top and run the table undefeated?

Crazy things happen in CFB with routine occurrence, but I think this would be a particularly shocking outcome.
preach brother :D

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL

Georgia always finds a way to lose games they shouldn't, and in all honesty are viewed as a national power when they aren't close. Auburn is much more a national power than UGA. They are ranked high year after year and always fall flat. I do want Richt to win enough to stay there. A coach with a killer instinct might actually get all that talent and recruiting base to play up to potential.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Georgia always finds a way to lose games they shouldn't, and in all honesty are viewed as a national power when they aren't close. Auburn is much more a national power than UGA. They are ranked high year after year and always fall flat. I do want Richt to win enough to stay there. A coach with a killer instinct might actually get all that talent and recruiting base to play up to potential.
i wonder if there is anything that richt could do that would actually result in him losing his job there.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.