SEC Helmet Schedule

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Love the helmet schedule! If you look close enough you can find a number of interesting things. They are usually positive toward ut and negative toward Bama. I suppose there are still several of Roy Kramer's good ole boyz in the SEC Scheduling Department.

To set the table note that all but one of the byes are taken in weeks 6-9. Then we look for teams that have open (byes and/or OOCGs) weeks prior to playing ut. No need to look at Bama's because we all know that just about all of them have an open date prior to playing Bama, and they would all take the week off if it was allowed. As they did in 2010 when it was allowed.

We find that only one of ut's conference opponents has an open week prior to playing ut. That would be MO in week #11, which is beyond the normal aforementioned weeks 6-9 window for byes, so MO scheduled BYU. Therefore, none of ut's conference opponents have a bye before playing ut because the SEC gave none of them an open week in which to take a bye. Typical. If you doubt it, go look at previous year's schedules.

Next we find in the weeks beyond the 6th week, when two consecutive open weeks become very rare, that there is but one team that has that luxury. You guessed it! LSU! Scheduled WKU and took a week off, of course, in the two weeks prior to the Bama game.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
Bama plays: MTSU before Ol Miss, ULM before Jawja, off before LSU and Charleston Southern before Auburn.

Tn: off before Bama
Ga: plays Southern before Bama
Ol Miss: plays UT Martin and Fresno St. before Bama
aTm: has off date before Bama
Aubrun: plays Idaho before Bama
LSU: plays WKU then has an off date before Playing Bama

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Bama plays: MTSU before Ol Miss, ULM before Jawja, off before LSU and Charleston Southern before Auburn.

And Mississippi State has the weekend off prior to Bama. They play on Thursday night at MO.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Asking to have the helment schedule pinned. Even though there are plenty of things pinned at this time, having a schedule at the top of the page seems like a good idea. Maybe the thread about QB recruit characteristics goes to make room?

My opinion only.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I love the helmet schedule and use it to make my full SEC schedule pre-season predictions. It is one of my favorite pre-season traditions that I complete during the final week before games start.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Yep, a continuous theme though it is not as blatant as it once was. Regardless, Bama leads the league with teams off the week before playing us at three followed by LSU and Auburn with two each.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
The rule was changed so that you can only play a maximum of three (3) teams that have a bye the week before you meet a conference opponent. ...and it was changed the year after we played 5 or 6 conference games after our opponent had a week off. So basically, it's the Bama rule...

Last edited:

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL
Asking to have the helment schedule pinned. Even though there are plenty of things pinned at this time, having a schedule at the top of the page seems like a good idea. Maybe the thread about QB recruit characteristics goes to make room?

My opinion only.

Agree I love the helment schedule,

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.