The "real" reason Amazon out sells Walmart.....

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I would imagine their profits are being ate up with the constant investment in new segments and technology which in turns fuels higher revenues YOY. Rinse and repeat.
I'm guessing at this point for Amazon it's Gross Revenues and Market Share......profits come later.....the irony for me is that when the companies start paying off debts, etc -- and finally start churning the better profit numbers their stock price falls because their growth usually stagnates....

lazlohollyfeld

1st Team
Jul 20, 2010
Allen, TX
I'm guessing at this point for Amazon it's Gross Revenues and Market Share......profits come later.....the irony for me is that when the companies start paying off debts, etc -- and finally start churning the better profit numbers their stock price falls because their growth usually stagnates....
If you started buying in 2010 you do not worry....long way to fall before I get hurt. Believe in FANG!

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
TheAccountant has it right. (He should, being an accountant.) Their big bet is to keep plowing money into innovation, which is why they're a market darling. Your remark about "starting to pay off debt" I find very puzzling. No growing company ever pays off debt. In fact, when you're growing as fast as Amazon, you keep borrowing more, operating off other people's money. Apple is unique and can't be compared and people keep forgetting that it was about to turn toes up until Jobs returned. Also, to compare a mature petroleum company is also, well, silly. Amazon is breaking new ground. I've become convinced they will continue to grow. You are so convinced, I suppose you have sold their stock short by many thousands of dollars?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.