The "real" reason Amazon out sells Walmart.....

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
That was awkward especially for the woman. Back to the original subject, we are Amazon Prime subscribers and we order almost everything we need (i.e., toiletries, household items, etc.) off Amazon. Most of our basic items are on automatic monthly shipment. We live in a rural town (no Walmart only a DG) and it's cheaper to have it delivered than drive 30+ miles to a WalMart/Target. I also can write off housing expenses and Prime categorizes all my expenses for me so when it comes tax time I know exactly how much I spent on those items.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
That was awkward especially for the woman. Back to the original subject, we are Amazon Prime subscribers and we order almost everything we need (i.e., toiletries, household items, etc.) off Amazon. Most of our basic items are on automatic monthly shipment. We live in a rural town (no Walmart only a DG) and it's cheaper to have it delivered than drive 30+ miles to a WalMart/Target. I also can write off housing expenses and Prime categorizes all my expenses for me so when it comes tax time I know exactly how much I spent on those items.
We know why you use Amazon Prime.

What makes this so creepy is that there are hundreds of reasons Amazon outsells Walmart. If we ranked all the reasons Amazon outsells Walmart, the reason he proposed would be in the hundred thousands, somewhere around "it starts with an A so people see it first in the phone book."

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Funny thing is they basically don't. I remembered from a couple of years ago that they had announced that they were basically getting out of the, um, franker, area. I went and looked today and they had mostly sexy underwear, but nothing not found on Victoria's Secret. They have sexy literature and they do have a couple of items I would classify as "sex toys." I doubt seriously that they sell enough of those to pass Walmart in sales...

lazlohollyfeld

1st Team
Jul 20, 2010
Allen, TX
Amazon did not pass Walmart in sales, they passed them in stock valuation. It starts with "Amazon is worth more than...", not sold more than. They are talking about the overall worth of the company based on stock price, not on revenue.

I am a stock holder of both......

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
As of 2 years ago Amazon still had never made a profit.....after 20+ years in business. Have they finally made it into the black overall? Anyone know?

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
No company which was a true startup ever makes money the first several years, so that's not really a pertinent question...
I think it is....especially when determining a stock value. When you are saying it's a more valuable company than Walmart. I understand that for people who are active investors it doesn't matter. I just personally believe that a company that is 20 years old.....and still has minimal profits.....has "tech bubble" written all over it. Money being poured into that company for years....from investors....and little to show on the bottom line has to be concerning to some folks.

I'm guessing the big investors will get out before any stumbles happen....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.