Transgendered Teen upset that other boys won't flirt with him....

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
One article I read places this genetic disorder at 1 in 2000 or 0.05% -- relatively rare and apparently not synonymous with "transgenderism".
Exactly. I had this issue in the back of mind when I posted my comment about chromosomes and plumbing being mismatched. I didn't mention it because of its rarity and the fact that, these folks (such as Bruce Jenner) aren't suffering from the condition.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
I'm not sure those articles make your point. XX still produces female genitalia, just that it kind of looks like male genitalia. Same with XY. Unless I'm missing something, nothing is saying you can have XX and have an actual pe n is or vice versa.
I was just about to post something similar. Looks like and is are two different things. The fact that some people have parts of their bodies formed in such a way as to look like something else is not at all germane to the discussion. A very good friend of mine has a nose that looks more like a birds beak than anything an average human would have. That does not mean he has the genetic makeup of a bird. (although he went with it and has some feather tattoos :) )

If there is any reason to reference people with the condition it would be self image. Attempts to help people boost their self image appear to have caused society to base everything on what they wish they were instead of what they are. I don't think this is mentally healthy in any way.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I also believe that the term "transgendered" is really used to describe persons who have a deep-seated conviction that they are bodily of the wrong gender. Oddly, it doesn't seem necessarily affect the gender the person is attracted to. Many man have had the surgery in order to become lesbians...

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
I also believe that the term "transgendered" is really used to describe persons who have a deep-seated conviction that they are bodily of the wrong gender. Oddly, it doesn't seem necessarily affect the gender the person is attracted to. Many man have had the surgery in order to become lesbians...
That makes it sound like being gay is a choice.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.