Bama, OSU, TCU, USC CFB Playoff

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I would love to see those games, but right now I just don't see us in it until I see how the QB situation materializes. The rest of the 3 teams are solid at QB, and really good or at least serviceable elsewhere.

I sure would love to get revenge on OSU and Meyer a la the 2009 SEC championship though.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
I would love to see those games, but right now I just don't see us in it until I see how the QB situation materializes. The rest of the 3 teams are solid at QB, and really good or at least serviceable elsewhere.

I sure would love to get revenge on OSU and Meyer a la the 2009 SEC championship though.
The key to our season is how well the offensive line plays this year. With a lack of experience at the receiver position and being thin at running back a dominating line is crucial.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
Seems like a reasonable guess. Would be nice if it worked out that way.

Seem like the safest picks (other than us as the champ) with the vegas odds of a title being: #Buckeyes 13/5; #Bama 7/1; #TCU 8/1; #Auburn 10/1; #USC 12/1

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
The key to our season is how well the offensive line plays this year. With a lack of experience at the receiver position and being thin at running back a dominating line is crucial.
I hear what you're saying and I don't necessarily disagree, but I just think it so often boils down to the QB. Somehow, Blake Sims defied the odds and turned his career around in one offseason and got us there last year. He did have a lot of help around him, which gives weight to your point.

I just think we've got All-Americans at LT and C, the two most critical positions on the OL. There is talent at the other positions. RB is thin, but very talented. WR is inexperienced, but again very talented. I just think the QB is where the difference will be made at.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.