Cecil the lion

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
My examples are things all, or almost all, of us on TF have expressed outraged about. I was commenting on cbi's implication that personal knowledge of the victim and where it occurred were necessary for the outrage to be real. But, OK. If I hear about a dog being abused and killed in Podunk, KS, is it OK for me to be outraged about it? We've pretty much all expressed outrage about occurrences like that, too. But, if we don't know the animal or the town, why should we care? Right?
I don't agree with the term "faux outrage" which is why I reformulated it.

You are free to be outraged by all manner of legal activities, but you don't get to crucify people over your feelings.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
My examples are things all, or almost all, of us on TF have expressed outraged about. I was commenting on cbi's implication that personal knowledge of the victim and where it occurred were necessary for the outrage to be real. But, OK. If I hear about a dog being abused and killed in Podunk, KS, is it OK for me to be outraged about it? We've pretty much all expressed outrage about occurrences like that, too. But, if we don't know the animal or the town, why should we care? Right?
Of course I'm outside the "almost all" group.

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
I'm guessing than that you have never had a pet such as a dog or cat. If you did, was Rover tasty or is his head mounted on your wall?
Actually I have had a few dogs. They were tools for hunting not pets. A lion wouldn't make a suitable pet either, but I'm not sure how tasty they could be.
I never had a pet that could take me, have you? Just kidding. I'm aware that a lot of people are emotional about animals. My wife is very attached to her Chihuahua. I was just raised not to have that sort of attachment to animals. My family didn't deem it appropriate.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.