Cecil the lion

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
My late next door neighbor (who died in January) captured a red fox last autumn. He set out a metal trap in hopes of catching another neighbor's stray cats. He let it stay in the trap for 5 hours. Then he took a .22 rifle and shot it 3x at close range, and let it stay in the cage for another 3 hours until he was sure it was dead. Then he hauled it off and disposed of it. Brave soul, he was....

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
My late next door neighbor (who died in January) captured a red fox last autumn. He set out a metal trap in hopes of catching another neighbor's stray cats. He let it stay in the trap for 5 hours. Then he took a .22 rifle and shot it 3x at close range, and let it stay in the cage for another 3 hours until he was sure it was dead. Then he hauled it off and disposed of it. Brave soul, he was....

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
It amazes me what people will get bent about. People are literally trying to make this man lose his business (jeopardizing his patients' care, his family's well-being, the well-being of his employees, etc.) and calling in death threats over this, while human injustices occur all around us and go essentially unnoticed.

I wish none of this would have happened - I'll never understand hunting for sport - but trying to ruin a man's life over this is astonishing. It's almost as if people need to be upset about something.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Yes. People have a need to be upset by something some one else has done. Seldom upset by the things THEY do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Sorry, but I just can't regard this as being a "non-issue." It's actually important to me, just as every human life is. There are 90% fewer lions in Africa than 75 years ago, according to researchers. This killing wipes out a generation of this pride's descendants, owing to the lions' habit of the males taking over a pride and killing all the cubs of the predecessor. All large mammals in African are in a threatened position. I actually think this is important to the survival of the human species. It's just a "agree to disagree" situation...

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
It amazes me what people will get bent about. People are literally trying to make this man lose his business (jeopardizing his patients' care, his family's well-being, the well-being of his employees, etc.) and calling in death threats over this, while human injustices occur all around us and go essentially unnoticed.

I wish none of this would have happened - I'll never understand hunting for sport - but trying to ruin a man's life over this is astonishing. It's almost as if people need to be upset about something.
I hope his practice shrivels to nothing (apparently like something else already did:biggrin:).

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
You disagree with my point that people shouldn't be trying to ruin this man's life over this?

Wow. OK.
No, but I don't really care what happens to him. In fact, I think he really should have to go back to Africa and face the Zimbabwean authorities and answer their questions, which he's denying from the safety of Minnesota. What I take issue with are a number of posts which hint that anyone who's disturbed by this "non-issue" shouldn't care and, in some cases, that we don't care about human life. I actually believe that whether or not we can guarantee the survival of these large mammals says something about whether or not we have the guts and will to guarantee the survival of our own species. That's it. I'm out..

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I believe we can be upset about this idiot and be upset about the human atrocities that also occur. This guy deserves to face the crime he has committed, and it was a despicable one, IMO.

If my doctor participated in this kind of stuff, I'd find another doctor.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
You disagree with my point that people shouldn't be trying to ruin this man's life over this?

Wow. OK.
this guy seems like a real life version of a captain planet villain. Seriously, sexual harassment claims from employee's, a previous felony for poaching and there is no way he didn't know his guides were illegally baiting that cat. Screw him,he deserves everything coming to him outside of the death threats and/or actual violence. I feel bad for his employee's and his family but I have no sympathy for this scumbag

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
this guy seems like a real life version of a captain planet villain. Seriously, sexual harassment claims from employee's, a previous felony for poaching and there is no way he didn't know his guides were illegally baiting that cat. Screw him,he deserves everything coming to him outside of the death threats and/or actual violence. I feel bad for his employee's and his family but I have no sympathy for this scumbag
Agreed! Who would even want this guy as a Dentist? I wouldn't want him using funds I helped provide him with to pay for "hunts" like this! I would without a doubt take my business elsewhere.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
If you would like to make a donation to the organization that has been studying Cecil, you can go here:

https://secure.www.alumniconnections.com/olc/pub/UXF/onlinegiving/showGivingForm.jsp?form_id=382

Its a little confusing at first
Put your donation amount in the 1st box labeled "I am pleased to support Oxford University by contributing:"
Then in the next box "It is my preference that", put the amount in that box also and select in the drop down "WildCRU" near the bottom of the drop down.
In the section "Degree Information" select "Non Alumnus" in the drop down.
The rest is self explanatory

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.