2015 Preseason USAToday Coaches Poll

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I like that positioning, personally would have been fine at 4-5 as well. I'd rather the team go into this season with the feeling of having something to prove.

I do find it interesting that Arky and UT are both ranked this early. Lot of preseason love for two talented teams who have yet to prove anything on the field.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I kind of agree with this. Almost feel like scheme and pace (i.e. Spread and/or HUNH) has been a mechanism for teams like TCU/Baylor/Oregon to at least compete with the much more talented teams..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
Where do these poll's come from? Until we find a QB and can replace all the skilled players lost on offense, we are not number 3.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Where do these poll's come from? Until we find a QB and can replace all the skilled players lost on offense, we are not number 3.
Because Alabama's system doesn't require a superstar QB. That's been proven time and time again. Almost any of the QBs on the roster can manage the game. Hopefully one of them will be more than that but if not Alabama will still be one of the top teams. Alabama has routinely replaced skill players under CNS. Amari will be hard to replace with just one player but we have a wealth of talent at the WR position. Running back is very talented also with Henry, Drake, and Harris. We are just a little thin in regards to depth at that position. Who do you think should be above us? Auburn, Georgia, Florida State, Oregon, I could keep going down the list - none of those teams have an established QB either..

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
McElroy just made a good point on the Finebaum show about why Alabama is ranked so high. 6 out of the last 7 years (exception was 2010) Alabama would have made a 4 team playoff every year..

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Before we pat ourselves on the back about a tough schedule remember - that "tough schedule" is determined right now by PRESEASON ASSUMPTIONS. If a bunch of those teams implode, it will hurt us on SoS.

If we win them all it won't matter. How much one loss will hurt us depends upon WHOM the one loss is. Two losses and fans will be using Saturday afternoon to winterize the leaf blower.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
McElroy just made a good point on the Finebaum show about why Alabama is ranked so high. 6 out of the last 7 years (exception was 2010) Alabama would have made a 4 team playoff every year..

We have also been ranked #1 every year since 2008 at some point.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Before we pat ourselves on the back about a tough schedule remember - that "tough schedule" is determined right now by PRESEASON ASSUMPTIONS. If a bunch of those teams implode, it will hurt us on SoS.

If we win them all it won't matter. How much one loss will hurt us depends upon WHOM the one loss is. Two losses and fans will be using Saturday afternoon to winterize the leaf blower.
I agree with you to a point, however, half the teams on Bama's schedule could "implode" and it would still be an infinitely tougher schedule than OSU..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.