Ohio State Suspends Four Players for Season Opener Against Va Tech

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
Must have shot someone for a 1 game suspension under CUM. I mean, come on, he let Hernandez play every game while he was running a crime syndicate in Gainseville. LOL

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
That is a lot of our top talent, but I am glad that Meyer is willing to risk a loss now to do the right thing. Winning is important, but it isn't everything.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
With all due respect I think Meyer realizes tOSU will not lose to VPI with or without these four players. If he really believéd there was risk of a loss they would be suiting up. The suspensions would come against Toledo or Indiana.

Last edited:

Braveheart

All-SEC
Feb 12, 2006
As if this matters. They're going to beat the living poop out of Virginia Tech. Grand Canyon sized talent differential between OSU and VT. If VT can hold OSU under 60 points, I'll be surprised.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Urban is not my favorite but it sounds like he did the right thing here, suspending them for the next game and not putting off the suspension until they played a softer opponent.

I might be confused about it, but don't the new rules in ranking teams take into consideration the circumstances around a loss? What I mean is: If, at season's end, Ohio State is in contention for the four team playoff, a loss by them when four prominent players were suspended would penalize them less than a similar loss when they were at full strength.

scrodz

1st Team
Jan 29, 2008
Baltimore, MD
A couple of points:
1) Yes, CUM might have swept it under the rug if he thought he'd lose a game. You can say that about ANY coach. The reality is that he DID suspend them, so he should at least get credit for it, whatever his logic.
2) Yes, tOSU still has enough talent to crush VT. They did last year, too, and we all remember how THAT ended up...

mrusso

1st Team
Apr 17, 2006
I might be confused about it, but don't the new rules in ranking teams take into consideration the circumstances around a loss? What I mean is: If, at season's end, Ohio State is in contention for the four team playoff, a loss by them when four prominent players were suspended would penalize them less than a similar loss when they were at full strength.
I've heard this same thing before and I hate it. I believe it also includes injuries. Using this logic, I guess Texas actually beat us back in Jan 2010.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
A couple of points:
1) Yes, CUM might have swept it under the rug if he thought he'd lose a game. You can say that about ANY coach. The reality is that he DID suspend them, so he should at least get credit for it, whatever his logic.
2) Yes, tOSU still has enough talent to crush VT. They did last year, too, and we all remember how THAT ended up...
I thought the same thing. They were supposed to destroy them last year, at home. I don't think this game will be a blowout, and I didn't think so before the suspensions either. Yet, OSU plays a very soft schedule this year anyway so it may not matter if they lose. Obviously, it didn't last year.

I've heard this same thing before and I hate it. I believe it also includes injuries. Using this logic, I guess Texas actually beat us back in Jan 2010.
I hate it as well. A loss is a loss. Injuries and suspensions are part of the game and a team must account for them. If they can't, that's too bad.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
That is a lot of our top talent, but I am glad that Meyer is willing to risk a loss now to do the right thing. Winning is important, but it isn't everything.
Meyer does not share your sentiment. He's one sweater vest away from being Tressel as far as discipline. Man is Charmin soft.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.