Poll: Most memorable win over Georgia

which is the most memorable UGA game

• Total voters

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
You're close - we scored ONE TD on offense, a 12-yard run by Riddle. But that was set up by a turnover.

Our other scores were:

1) Proctor FG from 21
2) Cedric Samuel 21-yard fumble return
3) Deshea Townsend 90-yard blocked FG
4) Kevin Jackson interception return from 26

Btw - the Bulldogs starting QB, until he turned it over twice, was Hines Ward, who had a pretty good career as a receiver for the Steelers.
show off

TiderMan

All-SEC
Feb 5, 2005
Moody, AL.
1994 game is still my favorite game that I have attended. It had it all - night game, raucous crowd, big plays on both sides, and a big Bama comeback.

2012 game is my 2nd favorite game that I have attended. My son went with me and we were wore out after the game. It was a roller coaster ride and I felt like I had played in the game.

The only two Bama vs Georgia games that I have ever been too.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
Blackout was a fun game!!
That was about as close as I have ever seen to a perfect half of football.
2008 for me - in retrospect, it announced to the world that Bama was back.

That team played with passion that game, and all year really. UF just had too many weapons in the SEC Championship game. The team didn't have near the stars we've been loaded with the past few years. I really wish we had played with that passion at the end of the last two years.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
IIRC, 1985 was the season opener. Also, For God's sake take out the guy who got 2 pass interferences in a row at the end of the game! Of course, he went on to be something truly special. I loved the game because 1984 was so dismal a year before the Iron Bowl win. This game was hard fought and signaled a turnaround.

1994: Missed the game because I was working to support a baby at home. I did listen as much as I could to the radio broadcast. Too bad Florida has our number that year.

2008: Bama's Back! Nice win, but the second half kept me on edge.

2012: The stakes were high. The game was thrilling. I was in Yankee territory. We went on to win it all. My favorite of these by far due to what was at stake, but 1984 holds a lot of nostalgia.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
IIRC, 1985 was the season opener.
Nothing wrong with your memory. The game was supposed to be played on October 5, but the schools agreed to move it up to Labor Day and get the nationally televised Monday night prime time audience that would be watching "MNF" the following week.

Also, For God's sake take out the guy who got 2 pass interferences in a row at the end of the game! Of course, he went on to be something truly special. I loved the game because 1984 was so dismal a year before the Iron Bowl win. This game was hard fought and signaled a turnaround.

1994: Missed the game because I was working to support a baby at home. I did listen as much as I could to the radio broadcast. Too bad Florida has our number that year.

2008: Bama's Back! Nice win, but the second half kept me on edge.

2012: The stakes were high. The game was thrilling. I was in Yankee territory. We went on to win it all. My favorite of these by far due to what was at stake, but 1984 holds a lot of nostalgia.
why does everybody keep typing 1984?

:)

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
These were all great games, but the 94 is the most memorable to me because I was in Ttown and remember they closed down Bryant Dr. after that because the party spilled out into the street. It was a great atmosphere that I will always remember. Of course, 2012 was the most important because it led to SEC and national titles.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
To be fair, I had to look it up. That year is a bit of haze for me, perhaps due to the probation. I only got to see the UGA and LSU games as they were broadcast, plus I attended the Ole Miss game (my first-ever Tide game in person) - and they were on a "TV ban," so it wasn't televised (although I have a copy of it from the sidelines with Ole Miss announcers).

I was thinking of the 2005 MSU Bulldogs game when you said that about no offensive TDs. We had two fumble recoveries early in the third quarter plus a field goal.

And that Riddle run of 12 yards? It was a one-play, 12-yard drive.

the defense in 1995 was pretty awesome.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
IIRC, 1985 was the season opener. Also, For God's sake take out the guy who got 2 pass interferences in a row at the end of the game! Of course, he went on to be something truly special.

NT, I think you're remembering DT's debut in the '86 opener against tOSU, which we controlled before those two interference penalties gave the Bucks a last-chance pass to Chris Carter at the end.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
2012. Any game in any poll that is key to Bama winning a NC gets my vote. Especially if it cost the other team a NC. UGA would have beaten ND as bad if not worse than Bama did.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
IIRC, 1985 was the season opener. Also, For God's sake take out the guy who got 2 pass interferences in a row at the end of the game! Of course, he went on to be something truly special.

NT, I think you're remembering DT's debut in the '86 opener against tOSU, which we controlled before those two interference penalties gave the Bucks a last-chance pass to Chris Carter at the end.
You may be right, my friend. Ha! Unlike a certain someone (not naming any names, Bill) things sometimes get jumbled in this old brain of mine.

Al Becker

3rd Team
Jan 25, 2011
Trussville, Al.
All excellent choices. 2008 we went all Nuke Laloosh and announced our presence with authority. 1994 was thrilling, but for me I have to go back to '95. Wrapped up my honeymoon with that one. My dad gave me tickets at the wedding. We were flying back into Atl. And we're able to stay an extra day or so. Sat in front of Mike Pitts who had just graduated and was drafted by the Falcons. He had to reel in some over exuberant doggies after the blocked punt, but they settled down quickly after his suggested.

i learned first hand that UGA fans are among the worst.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
There was a highlight video from the blackout game that started out black and white, then when Julio catches a TD pass it goes to color and the beat down commences. I've searched everywhere and I haven't been able to find it again..
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt5zuix_Ijc

This is probably it, but I didn't know if people liked it since ll sing it. There isn't any swearing unless I overlooked it on lyrics and couldn't hear it on the song.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
got a chance to re-watch the first half of the 2008 game this morning. loved it towards the end of the first half when one of the announcers said "this is an old fashioned butt whipping and georgia is supplying the butt"

Capstone46

1st Team
Jun 5, 2000
Without a doubt it was the 2008 game in Athens.
Here is why: earlier in the year former player Victor Ellis had died. In a few short months Victor had gone from a perfectly healthy young man full of life just 28 years old to an individual destroyed by cancer. But right up until the end Victor retained his smile and joyful outlook on life. Cancer took his life but couldn't diminish his smile and spirit. He died in late March of '08. His funeral was held in Chattanooga on a cold, foggy, cloudy, rainy day. Since I was familiar with the Presbyterian church's location on Signal Mtn in Chattanooga, I was elected to drive the 15 passenger athletic dept van. The closer we got to Chattanooga the more somber our moods became. If you aren't familiar with the interstate between TUSCALOOSA and Chattanooga, there is a very short and brief stetch that dips into Georgia right before you get into Chattanooga. Evidently, there is also a reduction of the speed limit when you cross the Ala-Ga line because a Georgia State trouper pulled me over for speeding. Whether or not I was going 5 miles over the speed limit is not the point, but the real reason he pulled us over was the University of Alabama indentification on the van. The officer was gleefully belligerent when he asked for my license and even became completely disrespectful when I answered his questions about why we had a University of Alabama van in "bulldog country". All the officer wanted to talk about was the next sad trip we would make into Georgia in the coming fall. None of our party wanted to talk football but he promised we would get out butts kicked in the coming fall and he would be at Sanford stadium to celebrate it.

After taking a 31-0 lead in the first half, I remember looking at at the empty stands and and wondering where the state trouper might have been sitting ....with a smile on my face that would would have even made Victor Ellis proud.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
How about the 1962 game. It had ramifications far beyond just the game itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
I chose 1985. I don't know if "most memorable" is exactly correct, but I think it's the most nostalgic of the choices for me. Probably because I was young and used to Bama winning under Coach Bryant, then came the shock of 1984. The finishes against UGA and the barn in 1985 were very exciting.

1994 was perhaps the most fun, seeing how far Jay Barker had come in a couple of years.
2008 was maybe the most satisfying, due to their little uniform gimmick and all the pre-game smack I had to hear from a Marine UGA fan where I was at the time.
2012 was the most important of the choices because it for a championship. Probably the most exciting, also. I about had a Fred Sanford moment at the end of that game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.