Poll: Most memorable win over Georgia

which is the most memorable UGA game

• Total voters

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
1994 for me. I had just returned from duty overseas in late 1993 so the 94 season was my first full football season in a couple of years. Everyone loved Eric Zeir and UGA but Jay Barker had really come into his own by then. Great game and great win.

Sent via BlackBerry 10 on Tap-A-Talk

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
How about the 1962 game. It had ramifications far beyond just the game itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes it did. And 1964 was very memorable also. Vince Dooley's first game and Joe Namath looking like a man playing against boys.

In fact, 3 of Namath's top 5 games came against UGA. If Bama could have played their entire schedules against UGA from '62-'64 with a healthy Namath, Bama would have had five straight NCs ('61-'65), and Namath would have had 3 Heisman Trophies ('62-'64).

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
My vote was the 2012 SECCG but 1994 was special too! My daughter got married that night. The reception was in the same hotel. I would make an appearance at the reception and would sneak up to my hotel room to get any updates! My wife asked me where I went. I told her the bathroom but I don't think she believed me.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
2008 for me. I just love going to opposing stadiums and listening to all the local fauna jabbering at us going into the stadium and then the hearing the silence in the stadium when Bama puts them away. I agree 1985 and 1994 were great games, with '94 the loudest Bama game I had attended up to that point in time. I admit I thought we were beat against them in '12, an amazing comeback for the SECC.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
This is a great poll and each game is deserving. I went with the 2012 SECCG (barely over the 2008 blackout) because it was the most exhausting games I have been to in a long time. Everything on the line, the interception that wasn't near the end and then it ended in memorable fashion. My buddy and I sat in our seats for 40 minutes just trying get our second wind after this one. And yes, uga fans are the butts of the SEC too...Made it even sweater.

One last comment - I am a "Sabanite" as I've said many times on here, but we made horrible time management decisions on the last offensive series of the first half.

Last edited:

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I have to go with 1985. Mom and Dad bought a new TV and we were all sitting around it for the first time when Al Bell caught the touchdown pass. I thought the TV was good luck after that.

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.
It's difficult to argue against the 2012 SECG just because of what was at stake, how highly both teams were ranked and it was an incredible game. The '85 and '94 were incredible games as well. All three of these games rank among my all-time favorite Alabama wins regardless of the opponent.

pigsinspace

1st Team
Jan 26, 2011
Showing my age: The 1973 game, where we trailed late but scored two touchdowns in the last couple of minutes, was one of my favorite college-years wins during an era when we hardly ever lost. Game ended in a near brawl with Georgia players losing their collective minds on our last-play interception.

Classlessness, it seems, can be trans-generational.

That would be my favorite Georgia game because it was the first Bama game I ever attended.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Nothing wrong with your memory. The game was supposed to be played on October 5, but the schools agreed to move it up to Labor Day and get the nationally televised Monday night prime time audience that would be watching "MNF" the following week.

why does everybody keep typing 1984?

:)
The Ghost of George Orwell?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.