Adobe flash problems

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I am not a wirehead. I wanted to say that up front. I am a computer user.
I have heard folks say Flash needs to die. And One guy urged readers to disable Flash.
What's the deal here? In laymen's terms. Is Flash bad? Should I disable/uninstall it? There seems to be some strong emotions tied to this, pro and con. I just wanted a disinterested, but informed, opinion.
So, what do you wireheads think of Flash?

Last edited:

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
In laymen's terms, it's an outdated, buggy, un-secure mess. It has a long history of being exploited by hackers and randomly crashing. I disabled it years ago.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I am not a wirehead. I wanted to say that up front. I am a computer user.
I have heard folks say Flash needs to die. And One guy urged readers to disable Flash.
What's the deal here? In laymen's terms. Is Flash bad? Should I disable/uninstall it? There seems to be some strong emotions tied to this, pro and con. I just wanted a disinterested, but informed, opinion.
So, what do you wireheads think of Flash?
Chrome and firefox recently disabled flash in their browsers due to security concerns.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
There will be some videos on some pages which won't load...
When I posted that, I remembered one of my favorite one-liners from a film:
The Cross of Iron, after James Coburn (Steiner) gets blown up, he wakes up in a hospital and the doc asks him if he has any adverse side effects from the explosion. Steiner replies, "I can no longer urinate from my left ear."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.