2016 SG Terrance Ferguson

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
He could be a transformational player for us if he sticks. That would mean a lot at a school like Alabama to be the one associated with reviving a program.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Maybe I'm getting AAU mixed up with shoe companies but I recall a lot of discussion about players being steered to certain school based on their (schools) contracts with certain shoe companies (Nike & Under Armor). The money was coming from the shoe companies to the AAU coaches to steer their kids to certain schools.?
That's what happens, whether they admit, or you can prove it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
That's what happens, whether they admit, or you can prove it lol.

Perhaps I was too paranoid. I hope that his family wanted him to slow down to make sure he is making the right decision. If that is the case then I strongly support them, as long as he still signs with Bama :). We all know there is a lot of corruption in AAU basketball and it's easy to assume that something shady is going on but that does not mean that in every case.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
There's always something shady, why do you think we got that coach that has deep ties with aau?

Keep in mind "shady" and "illegal" can be quite different. Just an attempt to keep up with the Jones's I imagine.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
There's always something shady, why do you think we got that coach that has deep ties with aau?

Keep in mind "shady" and "illegal" can be quite different. Just an attempt to keep up with the Jones's I imagine.

Oh I'm with you on AAU. It disgusts me but it is what it is and until the NCAA does something, that is how the game is played and if we expect to compete then we have to play the game. In spite of that, I don't know the reason why TFerg delayed his signing so I do not need to be jumping to conclusions. I really, really, really want Bama basketball to be competitive nationally and we need players like TFerg to get to that level. It was exciting to get a commitment from him and then disappointing to see his signing was delayed until next April so I was frustrated. Now I am trying to be positive and assume that he will stick with his commitment and sign with us in April.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
He may have issues qualifying according to what I read on another site. I won't link because it is just chatter on another forum but the guy that posted that info is usually reliable.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Besides TF, who else are we heavily recruiting? How many spots will we have?

A few names that I've seen mentioned are Bruno Fernando, Marques Bolden, and Lazaro Rojas. Fernando and Rojas are both around 6'10" and more on the lean, athletic side. Bolden is about the same height with a bit more bulk. Supposedly he is close with Ferguson but I'm not sure if that will mean anything when it's time to sign the scholarship papers. I started hearing Bruno's name more and more once things started to cool a bit with Bolden. I don't know the name but Bruno has a teammate that will be a top prospect in 2017.

The # of spots is a bit unknown. We have 2 seniors, Retin and Edwards and I believe we have at least 1 spot open this season so we should be able to sign at least 3 players, 2 of which are already signed and the 3rd will hopefully be Ferguson. It is unknown if AJjr is on scholly or not. If not that would be another spot that could be filled. Then you may have someone leave on their own. I have no idea the academic status of any of these players but you have Taylor, Kessens, and Hale who are all juniors and if they graduate in time they could leave and play somewhere else immediately.

It is not out of the question that next years starting lineup could be entirely different than this year depending on who we sign. Dazon should be back and I expect him to be the start PG. Ferguson should be capable of taking the SG position. Nick King is a SF. The PF could be Key or the JuCo guy. The C could be Hall, Taylor, or someone like Bolden. I would not be one bit surprised to see this happen.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
He may have issues qualifying according to what I read on another site. I won't link because it is just chatter on another forum but the guy that posted that info is usually reliable.
The same person stated this morning that grades are not an issue and TF will sign with Bama.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Cecil just tweeted:

Terrance Ferguson's Prep school coach tells @EvanDaniels that Ferguson has decommitted from Alabama and will re-open his recruitment.
Article from Evan Daniels:

Five-star wing Terrance Ferguson backed off a pledge to Alabama on Tuesday, Dallas (Tex.) API coach Ray Forsett informed Scout.

"He's opening back up his recruitment just based off of him losing his grandmother a month ago," Forsett told Scout. "He wants to make the right deiciosn. He's very much still interested in going to Alabama, but he wants to pray about it and make sure he's making the right decision."

Ferguson, a 6-foot-6 sharp shooter, had committed to Alabama on August 17th. He also took an unofficial visit to their campus this past weekend.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
What terrible news. A few days ago I was listening to a radio show talking about how many other big programs were still heavily recruiting TF. My first thought was that it would be very tough for Alabama to keep him committed. I don't think we have much of a chance to reel him back in. Hope I'm wrong..

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.