2016 SG Terrance Ferguson

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I've been concerned about this since he didn't sign in the early period. I had asked a player about him and he stated we were good with him. Oh well. We'll move on and get a good player. We've still got a good class coming in and CAJ can develop talent to be NBA ready. Just look at how Retin has blossomed. Anyone who chooses to go elsewhere hasn't been paying attention to how CAJ increases the players overall skill level. We have a shooting guard coming in so hopefully we can sign a big now.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Did he have a bad visit? Wonder if he got red carpet treatment?
I was about to post the same question when I just read that he was on a visit last weekend. Almost have to believe that something was amiss on his visit that dissuaded TF from staying committed to Alabama..

Athens-LA-Tide

All-SEC
Feb 6, 2001
Ptown, OR
www.urbagedesigns.com
Is what it is dudes! I feel like he knew when he didnt sign back when that this was possible so I wouldn't put it on his visit! Now that were so close Im more concerned about the next couple games and getting in. CAJ will have to work a lil harder, might not be a bad thing. Recruits are hearing us right now and a few will hear this news too!

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Our starting point guard did this very thing and ended up back where he started. That could very well happen again. Regardless, all is not lost.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Our starting point guard did this very thing and ended up back where he started. That could very well happen again. Regardless, all is not lost.
Not at all. Seeing is believing and by now I'm of the inclination Avery is getting up there in Saban's league of command mantras that "We'll win with you or we'll win without you, and we'll win with somebody else I've developed." Also he's been given enough props nationally to snatch that "somebody else" from somebody else to make up for Fergy's possible loss.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
If he wants to play in the NBA, he needs to recommit to us. I am hearing on the radio he was very unimpressed with Coleman.
I really have to comment on this. I've been to brand new state of the art facilities (like the Orlando Magic's arena when it first opened) and I've been to fairly old facilities (like Ladd Stadium). I really do not get all of this talk about the venues. I don't get the idea that fans won't go to a particular venue, what kind of fans are those? I'd stand in mud to watch Alabama play.

I hear recruits commenting about venues to. Don't get me wrong, I understand if you are talking about the number of fans there. I get that, but I don't really care whether I have a seat back when I go to an Alabama game, or if I'm sitting on a bucket. I'm there to see the game, and if the field is in acceptable condition I don't see why the players should care much either, as long as the fans are there. I just don't get some of the fixation.

Having said that, it is an arms race and sooner or later something will have to be done about Coleman. However, if someone lets that keep them from coming to Alabama, then may be it wasn't a very good fit to begin with. We'll see...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
If he wants to play in the NBA, he needs to recommit to us. I am hearing on the radio he was very unimpressed with Coleman.
That sounds a little like a fan pushing the new arena agenda.

I really have to comment on this. I've been to brand new state of the art facilities (like the Orlando Magic's arena when it first opened) and I've been to fairly old facilities (like Ladd Stadium). I really do not get all of this talk about the venues. I don't get the idea that fans won't go to a particular venue, what kind of fans are those? I'd stand in mud to watch Alabama play.

I hear recruits commenting about venues to. Don't get me wrong, I understand if you are talking about the number of fans there. I get that, but I don't really care whether I have a seat back when I go to an Alabama game, or if I'm sitting on a bucket. I'm there to see the game, and if the field is in acceptable condition I don't see why the players should care much either, as long as the fans are there. I just don't get some of the fixation.

Having said that, it is an arms race and sooner or later something will have to be done about Coleman. However, if someone lets that keep them from coming to Alabama, then may be it wasn't a very good fit to begin with. We'll see...
Recruits do talk about facilities after their visits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
He plays for the MWA AAU team so, hopefully Mo can talk some sense into him.... Hopefully Pettway is working on his former teammate as well....

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Biggest question is who do we try and sign to replace him? Anyone out there of comparable ability that would be interested in Alabama?

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Heard it on the local radio xTide99.1 Tuscaloosa. I do not call talk radio and had no input into this topic, but if we want to compete with the elite in basketball, we have to compete with facilities as well. Look at Wichita states basketball facilities and tell me ours compare well. The question is are we truly serious about being an elite program or are we just giving lip service? The fact remains Coleman is an outdated 60 year old facility that simply needs to be replaced. I believe whole heartedly in Coach Johnson, but even he needs every available tool to compete at the highest level.

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
Heard it on the local radio xTide99.1 Tuscaloosa. I do not call talk radio and had no input into this topic, but if we want to compete with the elite in basketball, we have to compete with facilities as well. Look at Wichita states basketball facilities and tell me ours compare well. The question is are we truly serious about being an elite program or are we just giving lip service? The fact remains Coleman is an outdated 60 year old facility that simply needs to be replaced. I believe whole heartedly in Coach Johnson, but even he needs every available tool to compete at the highest level.
But how soon would they be willing to get that done with the Baseball stadium just being done? I agree though, would love for us to get an upgrade.

Athens-LA-Tide

All-SEC
Feb 6, 2001
Ptown, OR
www.urbagedesigns.com
Really digging how the direction of this conversation is towards solutions to obvious existing problems vs a whine fest. I hope the suits are taking notice of such. I mean you cant look to your right at Auburn or your left at Ole Miss without seeing top notch Bball arenas. Thinking yall have hit a big one and if it's tough for us to taste, it has to be tough for coach to work with.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.