2016 SG Terrance Ferguson

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
ESPN updated its recruiting rankings and has T-Ferg as the #10 player in the country. Link
Wow. We're finally recruiting with the big boys. I'm so happy we have a coach who's not going to settle being a second rate program.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
By the way, Ferguson by himself is enough to give Alabama the 27th ranked recruiting class on 247 right now.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
TFerg has not signed and I believe that today is the last day of the early signing period. I've heard its a family issue but he is still committed to sign with us. As corrupt as AAU basketball is, my suspicious mind wonders if pressure is being applied to sign elsewhere......

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
TFerg has not signed and I believe that today is the last day of the early signing period. I've heard its a family issue but he is still committed to sign with us. As corrupt as AAU basketball is, my suspicious mind wonders if pressure is being applied to sign elsewhere......
He told BOL last week he's fully committed but wants his entire family present at his signing. They've had a couple of months to plan that, so I do question it a little. Still feel good about him signing, though.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
He told BOL last week he's fully committed but wants his entire family present at his signing. They've had a couple of months to plan that, so I do question it a little. Still feel good about him signing, though.
After reading this post this morning, I kept checking for updates hoping to see he had signed today. So now seeing he did not sign my doubts we get this guy are growing since today was the last day for early signatures. I know he can't sign now until spring correct?

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
After reading this post this morning, I kept checking for updates hoping to see he had signed today. So now seeing he did not sign my doubts we get this guy are growing since today was the last day for early signatures. I know he can't sign now until spring correct?
Correct. Basically this means that any school can continue to recruit him. He may stick with us, I hope he does, but I'm concerned that he will flip to someone else. Maybe I'm being overly paranoid but my suspicion is that the AAU folks are pushing him to another school and they "convinced" his family to delay his signing to give more time to work on him.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Correct. Basically this means that any school can continue to recruit him. He may stick with us, I hope he does, but I'm concerned that he will flip to someone else. Maybe I'm being overly paranoid but my suspicion is that the AAU folks are pushing him to another school and they "convinced" his family to delay his signing to give more time to work on him.
Yep, not good news at all. IIRC, CAJ to a lesser degree and two of our assistants are heavily involved in the AAU program so not sure what AAU folks are pushing him to another school.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Yep, not good news at all. IIRC, CAJ to a lesser degree and two of our assistants are heavily involved in the AAU program so not sure what AAU folks are pushing him to another school.
Maybe I'm getting AAU mixed up with shoe companies but I recall a lot of discussion about players being steered to certain school based on their (schools) contracts with certain shoe companies (Nike & Under Armor). The money was coming from the shoe companies to the AAU coaches to steer their kids to certain schools.?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.