2016 SG Terrance Ferguson

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I watched his highlight video on al.com He hit more threes in the 4 minute video than we hit as team over the last few years. Big pickup. RTR
He can definitely shoot. I noticed on one of his dunks his head was right at the rim. He has a great vertical.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Jerry Mayer's scouting report

Ferguson is one of the top shooters in the 2016 class. Along with his shooting ability, he has length for his position and is an explosive leaper in the transition game. He is also a dedicated defender and an intelligent player. The weakness in his game is his ball handling and passing abilities. But he is an adequate handler and passer and is intelligent enough to play within his abilities. He’s a guy with a huge upside that should get better while in college. But he’s an impact guy right away.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
This is the highest rated recruit we've had in years, possibly ever.

I also saw where Coach AJ had a rally in Coleman for Crimson Chaos and there were thousands of students there. It is amazing when you get a coach with some personality how the kids gravitate towards them. The students want to support the program, but haven't had a reason to up until now. I can't remember the last time I was so excited about basketball at UA. We need to bring seat belts to the games. It's gonna be fun ride!

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Coach AJ said we need to start getting some 1 and done players, guess this might be the first
Yup... in a way it's the same thing Nick Saban has been doing. He's been going after three and done guys in football, and pretty often Alabama only gets one full year as a starter out of those guys. But, it's just something you have to do if you want to compete with the best.

This is the highest rated recruit we've had in years, possibly ever
Best in a long time, but Gerald Wallace was the most highly rated recruit I can recall.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
It's bout time we landed a Player that can shoot the ball consistently from the outside, hopefully that's a sign of good times for Bama under CAJ & he brings in more talented shooters..I can't wait to see how good we will be this coming season with CAJ as our Coach, it will be fun as Bama & The Barn battle on the hard court, the rivalry is about to pick back up with CAJ at Bama & Pearl at The Barn..

Athens-LA-Tide

All-SEC
Feb 6, 2001
Ptown, OR
www.urbagedesigns.com
Will probably go down as one of the more timely Alabama Crimson Tide recruits of any sport, especially in Basketball sports history! Not sure Alabama has ever had a kid like this!!! Couldn't be happier to hear this news! Roll Tide! #2K

wsims74

3rd Team
Apr 30, 2013
I was reading that article posted earlier, and since Eubanks' problems yesterday, I thought i might post about it. T-Ferg went to a now defunct prep school that had issues with grades. A couple of guys this year got denied entrance by NCAA because of it.

Last edited:

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
Can a Mod please update the title of thread to "COMMITTED" or something similar like that? Just like on the football recruiting board.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I was reading that article posted earlier, and since Eubanks' problems yesterday, I thought i might post about it. T-Ferg went to a now defunct prep school that had issues with grades. A couple of guys this year got denied entrance by NCAA because of it.
Wish you would have given us at least a week to enjoy. Not only do we have to worry about a verbal not being the same as a signing but now this^^^^

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Huge on getting the verbal from this young man. Bodes well for the future of Tide basketball!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.