When do Freshmen report?

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
If you are talking "quarterback" as in "field general" I doubt it. IDK if we'll know for sure the morning of Sept. 5.:)
I was talking about the QB. I would think after the 1st or 2nd practice that CNS and CLK would have pretty well decided who they are going with so they could give him the bulk of the snaps. I'm sure they already have it narrowed down to the top 3 and have a pretty good idea who the starter will be. No way they can go all the way up to the Wisconsin game before deciding. Wisconsin will be hard enough to beat without going into that game not knowing who the Bama QB will be. jmo

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I was talking about the QB. I would think after the 1st or 2nd practice that CNS and CLK would have pretty well decided who they are going with so they could give him the bulk of the snaps. I'm sure they already have it narrowed down to the top 3 and have a pretty good idea who the starter will be. No way they can go all the way up to the Wisconsin game before deciding. Wisconsin will be hard enough to beat without going into that game not knowing who the Bama QB will be. jmo
CNS and CLK may know, but I don't know if we'll know.:wink:

However, I do think it may take more than two or three practices. I think they might even wait until after a scrimmage or two before there's a real pecking order. Not announcing a starter may also keep Wisky in the dark a little longer too.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Saban said he expected Coker to take the starting role last year going into the second scrimmage. Blake did the necessary things to win the job. I doubt CNS and CLK will have the starter picked after the second or third practice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
CNS and CLK may know, but I don't know if we'll know.:wink:

However, I do think it may take more than two or three practices. I think they might even wait until after a scrimmage or two before there's a real pecking order. Not announcing a starter may also keep Wisky in the dark a little longer too.
I meant the 2nd scrimmage of the fall not the 2nd practice.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
Saban said he expected Coker to take the starting role last year going into the second scrimmage. Blake did the necessary things to win the job. I doubt CNS and CLK will have the starter picked after the second or third practice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wouldn't doubt if they already know. Bama Moon is probably correct in that CNS and CLK probably already know but are not revealing anything to keep Wisky in the dark.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Wouldn't doubt if they already know. Bama Moon is probably correct in that CNS and CLK probably already know but are not revealing anything to keep Wisky in the dark.
I honestly don't think so. Right now it is up for grabs as to who wants to step up and take it. Frankly the kid with the most talent to me is Barnett. I know he needs weight, but he has all the tools. Both Saban and Kiffin have remarked how good a leader he is on and off the field. Coker has talent, but has been very inconsistent. Cornwell seems to know the system and has the tools, but zero experience.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I do not think coaches know right now. I think it t may go deep into camp before they even know. Doubt we'll know for sure until game day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Again, Saban expected Coker to take the job going into the second scrimmage last year. How'd those expectations turn out?

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
Hopefully we don't but if Bama happens to drop a couple of games early, why not go ahead and make Blake Barnett the man and get the experience he will need for next year, or could it be that we are so loaded at QB instead of hurting for the leadership as the media so adamantly claims.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.