Grant Hill?

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
His medical issues are real. We may have seen all we're gonna see of him.
Just curious. Why have so many with "knowledge" been so tight lipped? Even in some instances alluding to Hill being in Saban's "doghouse". I'm just curious as to why it's been so hush, hush. Past players with serious med issues were discussed.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I read where he is back on campus taking classes but not on the team now. Everything I have heard is it is related to health issues.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Just curious. Why have so many with "knowledge" been so tight lipped? Even in some instances alluding to Hill being in Saban's "doghouse". I'm just curious as to why it's been so hush, hush. Past players with serious med issues were discussed.
I've never heard anything about Hill being in the doghouse. In fact, exactly the opposite -- that he's a model player and student.

I don't know what the medical issues are. But everything I've seen and heard is they're serious enough that the odds of seeing him on the field again are slim to none.

Hope he beats the odds. But if he can't, that he has a long and productive life in whatever he chooses to pursue.

Last edited:

CrimsonSnake

3rd Team
Aug 21, 2002
Huntsville, ALABAMA, USA
Could be. They're both athletic and have a history with injuries. Genetics, you know... :wink:
I thought it had been said that he had been diagnosed with Mono back in the spring and that is why he wasn't practicing. Further depending upon the person recovery back to full activity levels can be long.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I thought it had been said that he had been diagnosed with Mono back in the spring and that is why he wasn't practicing. Further depending upon the person recovery back to full activity levels can be long.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
Don't remember UA ever making that announcement. I found it on SECRant but can't find anything from UA. Saban had this to say in March:

Offensive lineman Grant Hill was not spotted and Saban said he was on "medical leave."
Hill's medical leave was for an undisclosed reason and Saban said he wouldn't elaborate on it.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.