Report: Four SEC teams to wear black Nike alternate uniforms in 2015

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Guys, Bama is never going to wear a black jersey. There's no way this is going to happen.

Edit: the pics are T-shirts anyway, not uniforms

Last edited:

Silverback

1st Team
Oct 5, 2010
Oak Grove
Good comeback. I believe, however, and I may be mistaken, that those colors are approved for merchandising. Even those have to be approved by the University, I believe. I am confident that they are not the official University colors. If you can show me where they are the actual 'University' colors, I will owe you a very big and humbling apology.

Roll Tide!
Too much work. I deal with marketing from time to time which is how I've been exposed to the sheet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Young kids in Junior High and High School love Uniforms like these. They think they are "cool" etc. I read somewhere before that Oregon and Baylor having those wild uniforms play a role in luring young players to their school......that sounds outlandish and dumb, but I guess it could be true.

Bluegrasstide

1st Team
Oct 31, 2010
Pikeville KY
If, and I stress IF, we had to wear any sort of alternate uniform, I would vote for a black jersey that is based on our current one-meaning two colors-black and white. With that said, the only change I would welcome would be a throwback to the 60s white helmets... That being on the road, of course.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
If Alabama wears a Black uniform, for the first time ever I'd just turn the TV OFF! I can see some houndstooth around the collar but that's about it. I am Bama to the bone and that Crimson blood flows throughout my body, but there are some things I won't go for. We don't need to be like anyone, esp. UGA. I think Black is one of UGA's colors. It sure didn't work for them against Bama.

No need to wear Black when you have the most beautiful color is existence: CRIMSON. We are the Crimson Tide, NOT the Black Tide. I would not be for a Rainbow Tide either. The only time they even looked like a black Tide was when TV's were black/white and Disney was not in Living Color.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Last year remember when Nike had a black Alabama Jersey for sale on their site and said it was for an upcoming game, and within 48 hours it was taken down?

Bottom line, this isn't happening

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.