Link: Watch CAJ Passionately Explain Vision for Elevating the Tide to National Prominence

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Click

I was scheduled to sit down with Avery Johnson to shoot the latest episode in AL.com's[For Real] series on a Tuesday, so it was a bit of a surprise when I received an early-morning call on Monday from Aaron Jordan, who runs the communication efforts for Alabama's basketball program.

"Hey Justin, the interview with Coach Johnson wasn't scheduled for this morning, was it?"

*Cue massive panic on my end as he continues*

"I'm pretty sure it's tomorrow, but Avery's flight back to Tuscaloosa this morning was cancelled and he is really nervous that the shoot was actually today and he would be late."

After triple-checking every calendar I own, I was relieved to find everything was still on schedule. So, after a few deep breaths, I started to think about the fact that a man who spent 16 years in the NBA, who played alongside some of the greatest stars and learned under some of the greatest coaches in the sport's history, and who hit the winning shot in Game 7 of the 1999 NBA Finals, was actually nervous he was going to miss an interview ... with me.

Now, I'm not going to pretend that Avery Johnson's desire to not be late was the result of my having achieved the feature-producing status of Tom Rinaldi (yet ... I can dream), but rather, it was something else:

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I am really excited about basketball for the 1st time in a long time. CAJ came in with a plan and the will to execute it. I never got the feeling there was a plan when Grant was here.

BTW, got word from athletics my 4th row faculty staff seats are being converted to student seats. This is the 2nd time they have moved us. I hope I still end up with decent seats.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Grant would gave said "Thank God my flight was cancelled. Now I can blow off this interview. I'll tell him I'll call to reschedule. That will fool him".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.