Hitchhiking robot's cross-country journey comes to tragic end in Philadelphia

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Stay classy, Philly.

The endearing droid that had thumbed his way across Germany, vacationed in the Netherlands and made the improbable 3,600-mile trek across Canada without incident survived just over two weeks and 300 miles in the United States. On Saturday its creators announced that hitchBot had been vandalized beyond repair and abandoned on a street in Philadelphia.

According to the Associated Press, the robot's creators were sent a photo of their vandalized robot collapsed among trash and dead leaves on the Philadelphia pavement, its pool noodle arms ripped from its beer bucket torso, its plastic cake saver skull and robot brain nowhere in sight.
http://www.tampabay.com/news/nation...ountry-journey-comes-to-tragic-end-in/2239790

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Not a smart robot. Everyone knows not to go to Philly unless you want to get boo'd, pelted and/or robbed. It would probably have had a better chance traversing Somalia.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
In my town's Facebook group there is some game where a ceramic duck is hidden somewhere in town. If you find it, you are supposed to post it on some site and hide it somewhere else.

The people who were really into it I found annoying. I always wanted to find the duck and throw it in the trash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Be careful. If you are bothered by this and post it here you may be ridiculed for not caring about ___________. (fill in the blank)
Eh...it was just a blob of spare parts. What's there to care about? Philadelphians have a right to decide if and when they want their streets junked up by such.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.