*****2017 ATH Dylan Moses commits to Bama***** (arrived 1/8)

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Re: 2017 Athlete Dylan Moses has decommitted from LSU

Don't be quick to think he's going to lsu. We have probably the best relationship with him. Also lsu has great recruiters but will they be there next year? Right now you can't sell me that Steele will be there the whole time. Last time he was in this role , Clemson what happened ? I like Steele as a recruiter but our lb core suffered imo. Kirby is the best Ilb coach on staff. Tosh is the best olb coach on the staff. In all honesty we gained by subtraction with Steele. Three best recruiters on our staff right now are tosh , Mario, and Kirby. What do all of the, have in common not only can they recruit but they can coach their respective positions. If the line is as good as I've heard Mario will be needing a steep raise to keep him here. I've said this before but the job he did last year with the oline is amazing. They weren't a high level line that we are use to, but we could be in the midst of another special run with the talent he has recruited and properly evaluated.
I've felt since CMC was hired that he was the best HC candidate on the staff. At this point I hope he would be seriously considered if Bama stayed in-house; though I would hope they would consider all possibilities. But they may allow Coach Saban to choose someone from his staff. But probably not.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Don't be quick to think he's going to lsu. We have probably the best relationship with him. Also lsu has great recruiters but will they be there next year? Right now you can't sell me that Steele will be there the whole time. Last time he was in this role , Clemson what happened ? I like Steele as a recruiter but our lb core suffered imo. Kirby is the best Ilb coach on staff. Tosh is the best olb coach on the staff. In all honesty we gained by subtraction with Steele. Three best recruiters on our staff right now are tosh , Mario, and Kirby. What do all of the, have in common not only can they recruit but they can coach their respective positions. If the line is as good as I've heard Mario will be needing a steep raise to keep him here. I've said this before but the job he did last year with the oline is amazing. They weren't a high level line that we are use to, but we could be in the midst of another special run with the talent he has recruited and properly evaluated.
At the risk of stating the obvious, if we can get good line play on both sides of the ball, consistently, it`ll go a loooong way in covering potential shortcomings ( QB issues, inexperienced WR`s, as yet untested DBs, etc.). Sure hope the optimism that`s coming to light about the O line is well founded.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

So may have just gotten easier to pull Moses away from LSU. He tweeted he's transferring to IMG Academy in Florida.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

So may have just gotten easier to pull Moses away from LSU. He tweeted he's transferring to IMG Academy in Florida.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Him being out of Louisiana has to help. Hopefully the connection of Bo to IMG can help out.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

I read that Dylan is visiting Alabama again today. I also saw where he was apparently switched positions from running back to linebacker. Probably a smart move considering that rush linebackers in the NFL make considerably more money than running backs. Would be really sweet to sign the #1 and #2 overall player, Najee Harris and Dylan Moses. Has that ever been done before?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I read that Dylan is visiting Alabama again today. I also saw where he was apparently switched positions from running back to linebacker. Probably a smart move considering that rush linebackers in the NFL make considerably more money than running backs. Would be really sweet to sign the #1 and #2 overall player, Najee Harris and Dylan Moses. Has that ever been done before?
I saw he was visiting also. He is definitely a full time LB now and he will be a college LB. It would be really sweet to sign #1 and #2 and we are in good position with #4 DT Marvin Wilson also. I don't ever recall #1 and #2 going to the same school.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Re: 2017 ATH Dylan Moses Updates (De-Commits from LSU, Transfers to IMG Academy)

Dylan just released (Twitter) his top 3 in order:

1. Texas 2. Bama 3. LSU

TIFWIW..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: 2017 ATH Dylan Moses Updates (De-Commits from LSU, Transfers to IMG Academy)

Dylan talked to BOL after after announcing his new top 5. He said Alabama wants him to play ILB.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Dylan just released (Twitter) his top 3 in order:

1. Texas 2. Bama 3. LSU

TIFWIW..
Believe I read a comment that said something to the effect that he felt that it appeared that the " need" at LB was different between Texas and UA. May translate to depth, competition for early playing time (?).

OakMtn4Bama

All-American
Jan 10, 2007
Trussville

Wake me when it's over. He sounds easily swayed.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Believe I read a comment that said something to the effect that he felt that it appeared that the " need" at LB was different between Texas and UA. May translate to depth, competition for early playing time (?).
I still think he signs with us. One is he loves Coach Saban and two is he is not going to want to play in the Big12.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

I still think he signs with us. One is he loves Coach Saban and two is he is not going to want to play in the Big12.
Why do you say that?

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Why do you say that?
Not TJ, but I'll try. If he's as good as his billing, Moses can play anywhere and the NFL will find him. But where in the Big 12 is defense any more than a second or third act? If he wants to spend his college years in a league where a linebacker truly matters, he'll play in the SEC.

In the meantime, his recruiting shows signs of becoming the next daytime drama, "As the Commitment Turns." Not a fan of the show.

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Why do you say that?
One is he has grown up in the SEC footprint his whole life and lived SEC football. Our conference games are always on national TV on CBS, ESPN and SECN. Big 12 games get the 11:00 ABC timeslot with an occasional ESPN game and the Longhorn network and we know nobody is watching that.

Second and the biggest point is he knows where the best football is played and I have a feeling this kid wants to play for and against the best.

As far as the drama is concerned, at least he is uncommitted at this point. It is worse when there is drama with a current commit.

Mke4Bama

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2006
Cullman (Good Hope)

Maybe he read Reuben Fosters book, "Keep 'Em Guessing, The Reuben Foster Story." :)

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

One is he has grown up in the SEC footprint his whole life and lived SEC football. Our conference games are always on national TV on CBS, ESPN and SECN. Big 12 games get the 11:00 ABC timeslot with an occasional ESPN game and the Longhorn network and we know nobody is watching that.

Second and the biggest point is he knows where the best football is played and I have a feeling this kid wants to play for and against the best.

As far as the drama is concerned, at least he is uncommitted at this point. It is worse when there is drama with a current commit.
Thanks! :smile:

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009

I talked to that same buddy I referenced back when he de-committed. He has a granddaughter at University Lab. He is still having a cow, and thinks the family is playing a "what can you do for us?" game. He thinks the transfer to IMG was for two reasons. 1. Get where he doesn't have people in his ear all of the time, 2. Get some more exposure.

I can get the first reason, but for me second makes no sense. He already has as much exposure as possible.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.