Random quarterback observation I just had

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
on the flip side, how many have we knocked out of games? Seems like we got down to one team's 3rd stringer and he was pretty messed up before the horn sounded.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
on the flip side, how many have we knocked out of games? Seems like we got down to one team's 3rd stringer and he was pretty messed up before the horn sounded.
IIRC, in the 2011 season, we had something like 5 games in a row where the opposing starting QB didn't finish the game because we knocked him out. Pretty crazy when you think about it.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
Really?[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The backup QBs, not the team. We were pouring through their o-line like water and they were slower and slower to get up. If it had been a boxing match, the ref would have long since counted them out.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I was catching up on some old threads and saw this one...

I agree it's been remarkable how often we have had good luck keeping our starting qb for the season. Sometimes, after the season is over, we learn about a nagging injury the qb had to nurse that nobody was aware of.

I think Saban's tendency is for his qb to play through nagging injuries that might have prompted a different coach to try out the next guy. I don't intend this as criticism of Saban, I just think it's part of his pro mentality, and it has worked out well for him and us.

And like others have pointed out, we've been hard on many opposing qbs.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.