Random quarterback observation I just had

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
As I was sitting today thinking about the upcoming season, it dawned on me that during the Nick Sabin era at Alabama not one starting quarterback has missed a start. And aside from McElroy getting knocked out of the iron bowl late in the game, no quarterbacks have been knocked out of any games. That is a testament to our offensive line play as well as to the toughness of the quarterbacks who have been called upon. Here's hoping that whoever secures the job can finish the job successfully this year. And by successfully I mean holding up that god awful ugly playoff championship trophy

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
I totally agree on the god awful ugly trophy. they should have keep the crystal ball. whos wants to kiss a piece of metal shaped like a piece of 4 inch pipe.

CBag4Bama

1st Team
Sep 22, 2002
Birmingham, AL
I've always been a blueberry muffin guy myself. Strawberry is just unAmerican.

I think you make a good point. At one point Blake left a game last year but he was a more mobile QB and that will always put you at risk of injury. Brodie Croyle wishes he had any of our last few OL's.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I've always been a blueberry muffin guy myself. Strawberry is just unAmerican.

I think you make a good point. At one point Blake left a game last year but he was a more mobile QB and that will always put you at risk of injury. Brodie Croyle wishes he had any of our last few OL's.
Bucket step Bob says hello.

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
We haven't had a quarterback miss a start since 2004 (knock on wood). Prior to 2004, you have to go back to I think 1996 to where the same quarterback (Kitchens) started every game of the season. We have been extremely lucky over the last 10 years with quarterback injuries.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
McElroy was knocked out by a CB doing his Nick Fairley imitation,where you pick the QB up and turn him to purposely drive his head into the ground as you "fall down" backwards. I noticed Bama knocked the same CB out of the followering year's game at Bryant Denny. Coincidence I'm sure.

MN-Tide

1st Team
Jan 2, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
In the eight years under Coach Saban, there have only been four quarterbacks to start a game. Some NFL teams have had that many in one season.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
As I was sitting today thinking about the upcoming season, it dawned on me that during the Nick Sabin era at Alabama not one starting quarterback has missed a start. And aside from McElroy getting knocked out of the iron bowl late in the game, no quarterbacks have been knocked out of any games. That is a testament to our offensive line play as well as to the toughness of the quarterbacks who have been called upon. Here's hoping that whoever secures the job can finish the job successfully this year. And by successfully I mean holding up that god awful ugly playoff championship trophy
Anyone else notice this?

Just kidding Mack. But I do agree with the O-Line strength. Especially during the Pendry era. He's just an amazing coach who I thought never got the recognition and appreciation he deserved.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Anyone else notice this?

Just kidding Mack. But I do agree with the O-Line strength. Especially during the Pendry era. He's just an amazing coach who I thought never got the recognition and appreciation he deserved.
Smartphone diction software. Not me. No texting and driving. :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.