2017 4* RB Cam Akers (Clinton, MS) Updates (Commits to FSU)

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Re: *** 2017 4* RB Cam Akers (Clinton, MS) Commits ***

So I'm sure Hugh Frozen won't take too long to get the boosters lined up to try and snag him away from the Tide -- by whatever means he deems appropriate. Just ignore them Cam and come to Running Back U if you want to be sure of a place in the NFL.

It looks like Ole Sis will be under investigation following the Larry Tunsil and his rental car fiasco. From everything I've heard, he may not get to play this season and will be off to the NFL.
If what I've heard about Ole Sis recruiting is true & I have no doubt it is from the last few highly ranked recruiting classes they landed..If I were a recruit I would stay away from Ole Sis, we know 1st hand when the NCAA is on campus, they usually uncover other things than what's being said in the media..The only question is will it be the NCAA that slammed us & USCw or will they tuck tail like a scared lil you know like they did with The Barn..Recruits beware of Ole Sis while the NCAA is snooping around for what 2-3yrs now is exactly what I'd tail them if I were a coach of other schools recruiting against Ole Sis..In that time you know that the NCAA has uncovered something that will cripple Ole Sis if they truly go after after them..JMO

Last edited:

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

If what I've heard about Ole Sis recruiting is true & I have no doubt it is from the last few highly ranked recruiting classes they landed..If I were a recruit I would stay away from Ole Sis, we know 1st hand when the NCAA is on campus, they usually uncover other things than what's being said in the media..The only question is will it be the NCAA that slammed us & USCw or will they tuck tail like a scared lil you know like they did with The Barn..Recruits beware of Ole Sis while the NCAA is snooping around for what 2-3yrs now is exactly what I'd tail them if I were a coach of other schools recruiting against Ole Sis..In that time you know that the NCAA has uncovered something that will cripple Ole Sis if they truly go after after them..JMO
They are why bo got suspended. They tried to buy him. Nothing on Alabamas part but turning them in.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I saw an analyst gave a CB today for Cam going to OM. I would not be surprised since we have Harris and Robinson committed also but thought I would post it.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

I saw an analyst gave a CB today for Cam going to OM. I would not be surprised since we have Harris and Robinson committed also but thought I would post it.
Looks like that CB is probably right. Cam just decommited per his twitter account. 3 decommits in 2 days..

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

He probably didn't want to sign with the same school as Najee Harris because of PT concerns..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

He probably didn't want to sign with the same school as Najee Harris because of PT concerns..
Or he's just doing the routine we've seen play out numerous times over the years with Mississippi recruits.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

This is just another reason why kids should not be hasty in making their commitment to a team, any team. Just like with Fromm and Akers, immaturity and fear of lack of playing time because of the talent in front of them or coming in with them, makes them jump to what they think is a better opportunity. Fine, wish them luck and let them go. Some will realize the error of their ways but may be too late to get back into the fold as other equal or better talents have replaced them. There are a ton of very talented kids who would beg for such an opportunity to play for Coach Saban.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

I read that we had 3 RBs committed for 2017. Who is/was the other besides Najee Harris and Cam Akers?

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Re: 2017 4* RB Cam Akers (Clinton, MS) Updates (Decommits)

This has been an awful all around day. Lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Or he's just doing the routine we've seen play out numerous times over the years with Mississippi recruits.
He's already broken the Mississippi mold -- he did it publicly and early.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

thank you young man for playing the recruiting game. your consolation prize will be spending the next 4 years at Ole Miss. we hope you enjoy the much highly anticipated Egg Bowl, the beautiful campus at Oxford, and last but not least you will always have a great view of watching the SECCG ... in your living room.

all jokes aside, glad he de committed early. we can move forward and fill his spot with another stud.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

thank you young man for playing the recruiting game. your consolation prize will be spending the next 4 years at Ole Miss. we hope you enjoy the much highly anticipated Egg Bowl, the beautiful campus at Oxford, and last but not least you will always have a great view of watching the SECCG ... in your living room.

all jokes aside, glad he de committed early. we can move forward and fill his spot with another stud.
He either just visited or is about to visit Ohio State also. The kid probably did not realize how big he was going to blow-up and is backing off to check everybody else out. I figured at least 1 of the 3 RB's we have committed to reconsider and with Akers being a MS kid I thought it would be him.

This has been the worst de-commit week I can ever remember including the basketball commit. All highly rated kids. Next week has to be better :).

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.

This really does not surprise me. He's was going to have a ton of competition and I think Harris being committed to Bama had something to do with it along with Ole $i$$ with an emphasis on $$$$$. :wink:

As great as our football staff is with recruiting don't count on getting the kids from Mississippi until they sign on the dotted line. Luckily since CNS has been at Alabama we don't have to worry about recruiting. Next!

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

He either just visited or is about to visit Ohio State also. The kid probably did not realize how big he was going to blow-up and is backing off to check everybody else out. I figured at least 1 of the 3 RB's we have committed to reconsider and with Akers being a MS kid I thought it would be him.

This has been the worst de-commit week I can ever remember including the basketball commit. All highly rated kids. Next week has to be better :).
agree with one of the three RB's backing out. Probably better that way really. It's good to have 2 RBs per class for injuries and qualification issues, but with more than that there's going to be a lot of attrition and it's hard to recruit that spot the next year when it looks like a logjam on the depth chart.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.