2017 4* RB Cam Akers (Clinton, MS) Updates (Commits to FSU)

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
Re: 2017 4* RB Cam Akers (Clinton, MS) Updates (Decommits)

Calling us a classy group of fans might've been too generous... as several in this thread are proving.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL

Meh, I quit looking at 2 and 3 year in advance "committments" as anything but "maybes" a few yeaers back. When it comes to recruiting in today's world, there is no "committment" until they sign the LOI. Kids today, do not know what the word committment means.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

Meh, I quit looking at 2 and 3 year in advance "committments" as anything but "maybes" a few yeaers back. When it comes to recruiting in today's world, there is no "committment" until they sign the LOI. Kids today, do not know what the word committment means.
For that, neither do schools...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

ga tide man #9

Scout Team
Jan 16, 2003
trion ga.

Watch out for Georgia on this one. He visited there and then decommited. He would be CKS third Bama commit flip in a week.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Watch out for Georgia on this one. He visited there and then decommited. He would be CKS third Bama commit flip in a week.
If that were to come to pass, I think some of the bloom will be coming off the rose, so to speak, between Kirby and CNS.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

I doubt CNS takes this anywhere near as personally as we do.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

What the heck is going on with this flurry of decommits?
Jake Fromm: de commits because his main contact/ recruiter Kirby Smart is now HC at his favorite childhood school which happens to be his parent's alma mater. furthermore 4 * QB bailey Hockson recently de committed.

Mitchell Wasson: de commits as a walk on because he got a full scholarship from his in-state school.

Cam Akers: de commits because he's from Mississippi. :wink:

I don't see anything earth shattering. it is only news because its Alabama and the fact these de commitments happened so close together esp. from Akers and Fromm who were both rated high.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

Wot e zed

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

He either just visited or is about to visit Ohio State also. The kid probably did not realize how big he was going to blow-up and is backing off to check everybody else out. I figured at least 1 of the 3 RB's we have committed to reconsider and with Akers being a MS kid I thought it would be him.
Here is an article talking about his OSU visit. OSU just received a commitment from a highly rated RB and they currently have another one committed so they have 2 RB commits like we do.

http://www.landgrantholyland.com/20...ck-saban-jk-dobbins-todd-sibley-trevon-grimes

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Any chance we get his attention again? :cool2:

mulletover

All-SEC
Dec 1, 2009
Cullman Alabama

Any chance we get his attention again? :cool2:
From an Al.com article

RB Cam Akers (Clinton, Miss.) - He told our sister website OregonLive.com that he maintains his top 10, which Alabama is a part of, but it just doesn't seem like Akers will rejoin the Alabama class. He was on the team with the Alabama commits, though
http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/i...ng_2016_where_alabama.html#incart_river_index

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Clearly Ole Miss wants Cam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Clearly Ole Miss wants Cam.

Ridiculous to send 1/3 your team to a high school game for one purpose only. They all look so thrilled to be there. Cam may want to consider OM problems coming from their impending probabtion.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms

Living in MS and seeing Akers; he is an unbelievable talent. Hard to imagine many better than he is. He is so dominant at the high school level its ridiculous. But you need the right chemistry to excel to your talent; don't think he will find it at Ole Miss. But I would rather he go there than Tennessee where some think he will end up. Maybe Bama can talk him into sharing carries with Harris. I would pick Harris for the best bet, stability and all, but as far as talent Akers is great, no doubt about it.

allybama2009

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Conway, SC
Re: 2017 4* RB Cam Akers (Clinton, MS) Updates

Do we still have a shot if harris flips to michigan? Is he an early enrollee?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: 2017 4* RB Cam Akers (Clinton, MS) Updates

Do we still have a shot if harris flips to michigan? Is he an early enrollee?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Doesn't appear likely, but I also don't see Najee flipping now.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.