Fall Practice Updates (Practice reports, Interviews, and Scrimmage Notes)

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I'm thankful RTR91. This is a good Alabama Football Forum. I appreciate every bit of news, tidbit of wisdom or WAG I can get.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Some people are just not #thankful.
I agree. Can't stand the attitude that some have that the coaches are the experts and only they know what's best. Almost anybody can watch an open practice for a few hours and see which QB looks the best. Now, that doesn't mean whoever looks the best in one practice will start, it's just an opinion after some observation. If someone doesn't care about anyone's opinion except for the coaches then just watch the coach's weekly press conference and be done with it.

On a separate note, I appreciate all the information that you (RTR91) and others post. That's what makes this site so great..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Didn't realize this. Could be a huge year coming for Mr. Drake..

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Didn't realize this. Could be a huge year coming for Mr. Drake..

"about the same" lol...he had 160-ish and Amari had 750-ish.

Kenyan was a big loss because I think there were a lot of things still in the playbook to take advantage of his ability as a pass catcher...still, that is just a straight up hyperbolic lie.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
"about the same" lol...he had 160-ish and Amari had 750-ish.

Kenyan was a big loss because I think there were a lot of things still in the playbook to take advantage of his ability as a pass catcher...still, that is just a straight up hyperbolic lie.
Yea, your number is closer than his was. Should be interesting to see how Drake will continue to evolve as a pass catcher this year..

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
There is no need for a board if we only go by what coaches say.

There's no need for a board anyway -- Ryan C. Fowler has informed us that Coker missed a few throws and that is an observation that is incredibly important and that demands fervent obeisance. Just await further observations and definitely don't wait for the coaches to "sort it out," as CullmanTide suggested.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
There's no need for a board anyway -- Ryan C. Fowler has informed us that Coker missed a few throws and that is an observation that is incredibly important and that demands fervent obeisance. Just await further observations and definitely don't wait for the coaches to "sort it out," as CullmanTide suggested.
Nah, some people can ruminate for themselves and don't mindlessly and doltishly worship whatever the coaches say..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

No one here is saying Ryan Fowler, Cecil Hurt, Aaron Suttles, or Michael Casagrande will make a better decision than the one the coaches will make. OTOH, no one should dismiss what a media member observes after watching practice for 15 minutes a day plus two hours today.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Im just happy that Ryan C. Fowler agrees with Kiffin on the QB situation.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
You are being absurd. He's posting updates from practice, he doesn't have some hidden agenda. Most of us have been starved for info since January and appreciate the updates. Intelligent fans understand practice observations from fan day don't decide who the starting qb will be.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
We could all read articles and remain silent in isolation. My assumption is that we come here because we want to discuss things... that means that there may be personal observations and perhaps even <gasp> opinions. I wish we could strike the "coaches know what they're doing" comments from this board.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
We could all read articles and remain silent in isolation. My assumption is that we come here because we want to discuss things... that means that there may be personal observations and perhaps even <gasp> opinions. I wish we could strike the "coaches know what they're doing" comments from this board. I guess it has been too long since we've had football. You guys read too much into what people say here just like the practice observations. Go ahead and flame.:rolleyes:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I don't know what's happened to this website/forum the past few years, but I don't like it. If you post your own opinion you get flamed. If you post a respected and credentialed media members opinion (for the sake of dissemination of information) people here get upset. What's the point of posting anything anymore unless you just want to argue with someone? It's a shame that we are in the golden age of Alabama football and almost every thread on here becomes an argument over something other than what the thread is about. Maybe it will get better when the season actually starts, but for some reason I doubt it..

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
I don't know what's happened to this website/forum the past few years, but I don't like it. If you post your own opinion you get flamed. If you post a respected and credentialed media members opinion (for the sake of dissemination of information) people here get upset. What's the point of posting anything anymore unless you just want to argue with someone? It's a shame that we are in the golden age of Alabama football and almost every thread on here becomes an argument over something other than what the thread is about. Maybe it will get better when the season actually starts, but for some reason I doubt it..

Nice post and you are correct. This should be about practice and practice only. In fact I really should not be posting this because it has nothing to do with practice.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.